Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony/Care Credit Reporting both negative and positive

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony/Care Credit Reporting both negative and positive

OP, which one is accurate? Did you have it charged off, or was it paid as agreed?

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

All my student loans have the same account number at each institution they were/are serviced by. There are still multiple accounts within their system that all report seperately.

The "good" account is the older one and the newer one is charged off one. Were you ever late prior to what the "negative" tradeline is listing?

Message 12 of 15
Jayla127
New Contributor

I only received (1) card for this account. I never requested a replacement card.
Starting Score: EQ 430, TU 467, EX 465
Current Score: EQ 617, TU 618, EX 611
Goal Score: EQ 700, TU 700, EX 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's difficult to help you here when you aren't giving us all the information we need.

We understand you only had one account with them externally, but changes in your account can cause them to split it into separate accounts in their own system. This is not a basis for removal in it of itself.

Were you late during the times they indicitated you were late? Was the account charged off? Is it still unpaid? This is the information we see and can question the accuracy of.

Message 14 of 15
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

@Jayla127 wrote:

Just for clarification this is what the account is stating on my credit report:

Equifax                                Transunion                                    Experian

Company:                              Syncb/Care Credit                 " " "                                              " " "

Date open:                             Sept 2012                              " " "                                              " " "

Status date:                           Feb. 2017                               " " "

Condition:                              Open                                       " " "                                             " " "

Last Activity:                          June, 2013                        Nov, 2013                                      Not available

Balance:                                $938                                    "   "  "                                                 " " "

Status:                                   Charge off                         Charged off as bad debt              Unpaid balance report as loss by credit grantor

LATE 90 plus days                27 times as of Feb 2017     None reported                            Collection

SAME ACCOUNT LISTED AGAIN

Equifax                              Transunion                                 Experian

Company:                              Syncb/Care Credit                 " " "                                              " " "

Date open:                             July 2006                               " " "                                              " " "

Status date:                           Sept 2016                              " " "                                               " " "

Condition:                              Open                                      " " "                                               " " "

Last Activity:                          

Balance:                                $0                                          "   "  "                                             " " "

Status:                                   Pays account as agreed        "  "   "                                            " " "

Just need help with what to do with this?  I'm learning

If you actually do have a CO with them, I would be careful disputing it because you may find that you lose the "good tradeline" depending on it's history.  It's a 10 year old account and is helping you with AAOA etc.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.