Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony/CareCredit Goodwill SUCCESS!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony/CareCredit Goodwill SUCCESS!!

So long story short, I had some late payments on a Synchrony/CareCredit account from 2017 (about 9 in total, one was as bad as 120 days). I eventually paid off the account satisfactorily but it was dragging my credit a bit. In fact, this was my only derogatory mark ever.

Anyways, after reading this forum, I took a shot in the dark and emailed a few email addresses my story with the hope that they would remove these marks now that the account was paid off and this is how it went...

• Last Thursday (March 11) - I email a handful of Synchrony email addresses, including Margaret Keane (President & CEO)
  • Last Friday (March 12) - I receive an email acknowledging that my inquiry was received by Margaraet Keane's office and they would get back to me by email or phone in 1-2 business day
  • Yesterday (March 17) - I get a call from someone in Margaret Keane's office essentially saying that they were happy to remove all derogatory marks for a "humanitarian reason" and she would transmit these changes to the credit bureaus ASAP and informed me it could take up to 30 days to see it
  • Today (March 18) - Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I refreshed my three bureau credit reports and to my great surprise - both my Experian and Equifax reports were already updated giving me a bump of 60 points each! Now just waiting for TransUnion.

Super happy and frankly shocked at how quickly this happened. Feel free to message with me with any questions!

20 REPLIES 20
KatSoDak
Frequent Contributor

Re: Synchrony/CareCredit Goodwill SUCCESS!!

What a fantastic outcome!  We're you able to keep this card open?

FICO 8:

EQ FICO 9 - 770
EX FICO 9 - 758

Citi (2) | Discover | HSBC | BOA | NFCU (2) | WF (2) | Simmons Bank | FNBO (2) | PENFED | BBVA | US Bank | Lowes | Care Credit | Home Depot AU
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, it has been closed for several years since it first went delinquent! But ultimately very pleased!

Message 3 of 21
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your successful GW removal!!! There's been a few positive outcomes in recent months, where Synch is concerned. Well done!!

Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 21
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your GW success! Thank you for sharing your story.

Message 5 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous, Congratulations on your GW successSmiley Happy and Welcome to the forum!

Message 6 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Way to go, grats to your success & welcome to myFico!

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Was there any specific template or format you used in the email?

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the success!  I also have a late payment reported from Synchrony bank.  Do you have the email addresses that you emailed and a template of the letter you sent?  I would love to follow suit and learn from how you were able to do this.

Message 9 of 21
Bduncan008

Would you mind sharing that email address?

I am in the process of an adjustment with Synchrony. Thanks so much!

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.