Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony GW Letter... UPDATED 03-26-20

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony GW Letter... UPDATED 03-26-20

* Update at the bottom of this message

I have written my Goodwill Letter outlining how the events of my mother's accident that I previously mentioned on this board and I feel as though I am ready to attempt to get these late payments removed due to the financial hardship this put me under. 

Can anyone share with me how you successfully titled a Goodwill Letter email, which allowed your email to be seen and get a response? 

Also is there a day of the week that I should send this out on. I'm not sure about as to whether I should send it today, with it being later in the week or wait until the first of next week. 

Also, is it okay to place my letter as a PDF attachment and what should I include in the body, just "please see the attached letter?" I just don't believe that sounds very professional.

PayPal/Synchrony Late Payments

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I sent the GW letter on 03-05-2020 and got the following email response this morning. 

Dear Mr. - - - - - :

Thank you for your recent inquiry directed to ________ regarding your account. Ms. _____ has referred your inquiry to me for handling. On March 16, 2020, I attempted to contact you at the telephone number listed on your application. However, I was unable to reach you. I am researching your concerns and will respond in writing at the conclusion of my investigation via the USPS. In the interim, if you would like to speak with me, please contact me directly at __________ extension ____________ or email me at _________________.

Thank you,

------ ----------

Office of the President

Synchrony Bank

I immediately called her back and she stated that she was just making me aware of the fact that she had received my letter and at the conclusion of her investigation she would send me a letter. I asked if there were any questions I could answer and went into a bit of my situation regarding the reasoning of my late payments, which if you have followed my threads you will remember it had to do with my mother and her traumatic brain injury, my stepfather abandoning her, which caused everything to fall on me. 

I hope her contacting me is a good sign.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I received her response in the mail and she denied honoring my request. The letter stated, "we have reviewed your account record and verified we have accurately reported your account history information to the major credit bureaus. Since we have reported accurate information pertaining to your account, we are unable to modify the status as reported." It further stated, "While we understand extenuating circumstances may result in late payments, we must report delinquencies. We require at least the minimum payment to be made each month. If the payment is not received within 30 days of the payment due date, the account is considered delinquent and must be reported as such. We regret our reply could not be more favorable and sympathize with your circumstances; however, all requests such as yours are reviewed in the same manner. We are required to report the account payment history as the customer established it. The requirement maintains the credibility of the information provided to the credit bureaus." 

Where do I go from here? Please advise as I am dire need of applying to a mortgage. My Experian FICO Score 8 score is 684. Credit Karma is showing my Transunion as 671 and Equifax as 669. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: Goodwill email title and date question

Since it's in reference to an account and it's an email,  in the email subject line, you can just put your first & last name and the last 4 digits of the account number.  For Example: 

Subject:  RE: John Doe, Account Ending In xxxx

Then in the body of the email: 

To whom it may concern: 

Please review the attached correspondence regarding account ending in xxxx.  Please feel free to contact me via mail, phone, or email provided below. 

Thank you, in advance, for your time and consideration on this matter. I look forward to receiving a response from your offices.  

Regards, 

John Doe

Email: 

Phone: 

Address: 

Something along those lines... And attach your letter as a PDF.   

As for which day of the week you should send it -- I don't think it matters much.  If judging by my own work habits and when I really get into emails, I'd say probably Tues, Wed, and Fridays are my best days.  lol.   Mondays I'm not into it. Tues & Wed I'm on point.   Thurdays I'm over it.  Friday I get into to it in hopes my Monday will go easier... 

Good Luck!!

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I sent Credit One my GW letter via email. I just made it as professional as I could. I told them they gave me an opportunity that I screwed up and I was working on my credit journey. Granted this email was to the executive branch. They reviewed my account and removed it off all reports. Good luck!

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent my Goodwill Letter by email, wish me luck!

Thank you for your help guys,
GBC

Message 5 of 13
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I sent my Goodwill Letter by email, wish me luck!

Thank you for your help guys,
GBC

I always felt by mail was best but many prefer email.   Good luck!

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good lick and keep us posted on any responses good or bad, I had sent my third round of GW letters to 2 seperate places one is a P.o.box and the other was a listed address of the company .Fingers stay crossed.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent the GW letter on 03-05-2020 and got the following email response this morning. 

Dear Mr. - - - - - :

Thank you for your recent inquiry directed to ________ regarding your account. Ms. _____ has referred your inquiry to me for handling. On March 16, 2020, I attempted to contact you at the telephone number listed on your application. However, I was unable to reach you. I am researching your concerns and will respond in writing at the conclusion of my investigation via the USPS. In the interim, if you would like to speak with me, please contact me directly at __________ extension ____________ or email me at _________________.

Thank you,

------ ----------

Office of the President

Synchrony Bank

I immediately called her back and she stated that she was just making me aware of the fact that she had received my letter and at the conclusion of her investigation she would send me a letter. I asked if there were any questions I could answer and went into a bit of my situation regarding the reasoning of my late payments, which if you have followed my threads you will remember it had to do with my mother and her traumatic brain injury, my stepfather abandoning her, which caused everything to fall on me. 

Message 8 of 13
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Dear Mr. - - - - - :

Thank you,

------ ----------

Office of the President

Synchrony Bank

Good Luck!!  Keeping my fingers xrossed for you!! Be sure to keep us updated... 

2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
Garden Status:  

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received her response in the mail and she denied honoring my request. The letter stated, "we have reviewed your account record and verified we have accurately reported your account history information to the major credit bureaus. Since we have reported accurate information pertaining to your account, we are unable to modify the status as reported." It further stated, "While we understand extenuating circumstances may result in late payments, we must report delinquencies. We require at least the minimum payment to be made each month. If the payment is not received within 30 days of the payment due date, the account is considered delinquent and must be reported as such. We regret our reply could not be more favorable and sympathize with your circumstances; however, all requests such as yours are reviewed in the same manner. We are required to report the account payment history as the customer established it. The requirement maintains the credibility of the information provided to the credit bureaus." 

Where do I go from here? Please advise as I am dire need of applying to a mortgage. My Experian FICO Score 8 score is 684. Credit Karma is showing my Transunion as 671 and Equifax as 669. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.