Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony GW Letter... UPDATED 03-26-20

tag
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: Goodwill email title and date question

@Anonymous wrote:

I received her response in the mail and she denied honoring my request. The letter stated, "we have reviewed your account record and verified we have accurately reported your account history information to the major credit bureaus. Since we have reported accurate information pertaining to your account, we are unable to modify the status as reported." It further stated, "While we understand extenuating circumstances may result in late payments, we must report delinquencies. We require at least the minimum payment to be made each month. If the payment is not received within 30 days of the payment due date, the account is considered delinquent and must be reported as such. We regret our reply could not be more favorable and sympathize with your circumstances; however, all requests such as yours are reviewed in the same manner. We are required to report the account payment history as the customer established it. The requirement maintains the credibility of the information provided to the credit bureaus." 

Where do I go from here? Please advise as I am dire need of applying to a mortgage. My Experian FICO Score 8 score is 684. Credit Karma is showing my Transunion as 671 and Equifax as 669. 

Dang. I'm sorry your first attempt didn't work in your favor.   But -- 1st attempts rarely work in anyone's favor.   Goodwills are not a 'one and done' thing -- they often require multiple attempts before being successful - the key is not to take no for an answer.    So - read this post on the Goodwill Saturation Technique and follow it: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/The-Saturation-Technique-Best-GW-adjustment-odds/m-p/4727098 . 

Goodwills can and do work.   It just often comes down to sheer will and determination.  The above technique is tried and true. 

Also, FYI in case you are not already aware -- if a mortgage is your goal - you need to be monitoring your mortgage scores (FICO 5, 4, and 2).  Your Credit Karma scores are of no use to you (they are Vantage 3, not FICO -- no mortgage lender will use them).   You can get all 3 of your mortgage scores from myFICO.   Your EX service provides your EX FICO 2 - but a mortgage lender will use your middle mortgage score (they throw out the highest and the lowest and keep the one in the middle). 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 12 of 13
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You're very welcome -that's what we're here for Smiley Happy.   I responded to your PM...  

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.