Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Self Deleted UPDATE: All Sync Negs Deleted

tag
Jkrause702
Regular Contributor

Synchrony Self Deleted UPDATE: All Sync Negs Deleted

Had a couple year old CO from Sync-Amazon that had been subsequently paid to Portfolio Recovery about 2 years ago. Had previously tried GW with them on one occasion and was turned down. Yesterday got the alert that they had deleted the TL from all three bureaus. No dispute, no additional GW attempts on my part, just gone. Smiley Happy

UPDATE: They have now deleted the WalMart Derog that was not due to fall off for another couple years from all three reports as well. 

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SYNC/AMAZON Self Deleted

It appears they are purging old COs. I had an amazon and furniture account that charged off with synchrony one 2016. Both gone as of a couple days ago. I hope it continues because my old Walmart CO is still there.
Message 2 of 35
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Well congrats! To both of you. Nice holiday present.

Message 3 of 35
Jkrause702
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It appears they are purging old COs. I had an amazon and furniture account that charged off with synchrony one 2016. Both gone as of a couple days ago. I hope it continues because my old Walmart CO is still there.

Same, fingers crossed it's next. 

Message 4 of 35
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

This is a trend I have been seeing over the past year or two. When an original creditor sells the account to a debt buyer, they have often been deleting the original trade line. I've seen Citi, Elan Financial Services, and US Bank doing this, so I guess Synchrony is jumping on the band wagon. In my estimation, this makes sense because they have sold the debt. The remaining trade line is a legal liability if it is not reported with complete accuracy. 

Message 5 of 35
hpotterfan77
Regular Contributor

This just happened to me the other day as well.  Got an alert than an old account was deleted and when I went on, it was Sync/Amazon as well.  Interesting.  If they are purging the debt though and removing it from a credit report, do they also remove it from their own system?  

Starting Scores (9/19): EQ - 474/TU - 528/EX - 502
Current Scores (09/22): EQ - 617- TU - 638/EX - 647
Comenity M/C - $6730.00, BJs Perks MC - $2800.00, Credit One - $1200.00, Credit One - $800.00, NFCU -$6300.00, Care Credit - $5000.00, William Sonoma - $3500.00, Overstock - $4100.00, Pottery Barn - $2000.00>
Message 6 of 35
Shawn19AL
Frequent Contributor

Saw this thread and as most of my COs are from SYNC I went and checked.

The ones that I paid off via Portfolio are gone.   I was wondering how I was going to go about GW letters and lo and behold, poof!

Lets pray the rest disappear once I pay them off. 

Message 7 of 35
Jkrause702
Regular Contributor

@RehabbingANDBlabbing wrote:

This is a trend I have been seeing over the past year or two. When an original creditor sells the account to a debt buyer, they have often been deleting the original trade line. I've seen Citi, Elan Financial Services, and US Bank doing this, so I guess Synchrony is jumping on the band wagon. In my estimation, this makes sense because they have sold the debt. The remaining trade line is a legal liability if it is not reported with complete accuracy. 

Perhaps, but they had insisted on my accounts remaining win attempting to GW even up to two years after the accounts were sold and paid/settled to debt buyers. Now, whoosh, gone Smiley Happy 

Message 8 of 35
Jkrause702
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Check again, as of this AM my last remaining CO, Wal-Mart/Sync is gone from all three reports. 

Message 9 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah! It’s gone!!!! From experian anyways. I’ll have to wait a few more days to get an updated report from EQ and TU.
Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.