Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony success!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony success!!

I have two synchrony charge offs: Ashley furniture and Walmart, which have been sold to portfolio recovery.

I settled the Walmart account with portfolio recovery last year and plan to settle the Ashley furniture one this month.

In the mean time I've been sending goodwill letters to synchrony for deletion. After 4 letters synchrony back saying that they would not delete, I finally recieved a reply letter last week saying they would delete the Ashley furniture account. I'm thankful, but it's odd being that the Ashley furniture account hasnt even been paid off yet. I'll take it though! I'm hoping that I will have the same luck with the Walmart account. There is hope!
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony success!!

Very nice. I’ve had zero luck with them - still hoping though!
Message 2 of 10
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have two synchrony charge offs: Ashley furniture and Walmart, which have been sold to portfolio recovery.

I settled the Walmart account with portfolio recovery last year and plan to settle the Ashley furniture one this month.

In the mean time I've been sending goodwill letters to synchrony for deletion. After 4 letters synchrony back saying that they would not delete, I finally recieved a reply letter last week saying they would delete the Ashley furniture account. I'm thankful, but it's odd being that the Ashley furniture account hasnt even been paid off yet. I'll take it though! I'm hoping that I will have the same luck with the Walmart account. There is hope!

Can you send me the information you used I have a Sams club card with them I need removed.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 3 of 10
IwillWIN
Valued Member

Congratulations!!! I have had no luck with Synchrony bank. I've emailed the CEO, and I constantly get they can not delete. I have mailed goodwill letters to every address I could find. Waiting to hear something. I am paying off the collection through Portfolio now so soon I hope to be done with them but in the meanwhile, send that success this way for me please. Again, Congratulations!!!

Starting Score: 572
Current Score: 675
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Aug 2019
Sept 2019
October 2019
November2019
DECEMBER 2019
JANUARY 2020
FEB 2020
JULY 2020

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your success. I am in the same situation and haven’t had any luck. Can I have the information you used?
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure which address worked. I have two synchrony accounts. The one that I had sucess on is the one that I've yet to pay. It was sold to portfolio. I'm trying to get the other one removed. My plan is to continue to send goodwill letters to the address found on my credit report and pray.
Message 6 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Good job on staying persistant. it paid off.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I will pray for you. You are doing great so far and inspiration for me to keep going.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome job!! I sent you a PM I would love to know the two addresses you used as well if you don’t mind.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What letter did you send? And address? I’ve been trying for ages now and still no success. Can you message me what your letter said? Thanks
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.