cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[TEXAS] Frontier Communications Doubled Verizon Bill!

tag
CreditScoreFail
Established Member

[TEXAS] Frontier Communications Doubled Verizon Bill!

I am so livid right now. 

I realize this isn't necessarily credit related, but I need some advise. I've asked in one other place and was advised that contacting the Public Utilities Commission was a good bet. I just want to put this out there to see if there are any other organizations or advise you might recommend? 

So this is this situation.

I live in Texas and as of April 1st Frontier Communications acquired Verizon FiOS customers. There was absolutely no notice of this prior to the switch, I found out about it when I upgraded to quantum and went to pick my equipment up. I wasn't even told when I was placing the order! I was reassured by Verizon and Frontier that nothing about my services or billing would be affected.

Well, my package came out to around $130 per month after taxes. So my bill comes out for May and they took everything in my package and charged me for it individually. 

I've tried calling the customer service line but they're overseas and I was on the phone for an hour and a half. First I was transferred to tech support after ripping into the billing/cs rep, then I was transferred back to a billing rep who then transferred me to sales who hung up on me. I have emailed them on Facebook and someone was supposed to contact me about the issue and no one has. I called again and after 45 minutes I asked for a supervisor and was hung up on again. 

I have no idea what to do. I've arranged services to be set up with Time Warner (yeah, they're the only option in the area but they're the lesser evil here) my thing is I should not pay this exuberant amount AND I know they're likely going to try and stick me with an early term. fee. I don't want this to go on my credit ... I'm finally getting that back on track. 

Can someone please advise me how I should handle this? What would you do? 

Here are the screenshots of the difference in the bills.

First, Verizon's confirmation and billing:

From Frontier

Thank you in advance for your help. 

Katy
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: [TEXAS] Frontier Communications Doubled Verizon Bill!

JUST to be perfectly clear on this:

You DONT watch the news on TV

You DONT read newspapers? This has been ALL over the news for the past few months, as the California, Florida, and Texas assets were being sold. It was no big secret...

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

To be fair, I don't watch news (or TV at all) and I don't read papers either even though I deliver them. Credit might be the same way
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
To be fair, I don't watch news (or TV at all) and I don't read papers either even though I deliver them. Credit might be the same way

First I have heard of it as well, though I am in Oregon. No love lost for Frontier though, they are lying bastages....

Message 4 of 6
CreditScoreFail
Established Member

You're the same guy that was on Credit Boards. lol Well, I'm glad to see you've carried your knowledge over to this forum as well, I'm not sure what I would do without it!

But just in case you didn't catch my response on CB, allow me to clarify this for you since you're so interested in whether or not I watch the news: NO. I do not typically watch the news, in fact I do not tend to watch much television in general. If I had, I don't imagine I would have been so surprised>

Nevertheless, whether I heard about the switch or not is irrelevant. The fact Verizon did not take the time to send out a simple email is bad customer service, but it isn't that huge of a deal. Here's the issue though. The contract buyout that was so well covered by the media wasn't honored by Frontier. The took my bill and broke down my services piece by piece so it amounted to nearly $300 when my bill, or my contract with Verizon was for around $130ish AFTER taxes. 

Never mind that I still cannot get a resolve on this issue with Frontier despite repeated emails and phone calls. Never mind that our phone line did not work and yet we were charged double for it. 

Thanks for your input though. Smiley LOL

Katy
Message 5 of 6
CreditScoreFail
Established Member

Exactly, rmduhon27.

I still have no idea how this helps the issue of them overcharging on the contract they bought? 

I'm not sure what warrants filtre to be so snide, but he really needs to get off of his high horse. 

Smiley LOL

Katy
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.