cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THANK YOU FICO FORUMS! Just had the most hilarious phone call from a collection agency!

tag
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

Re: THANK YOU FICO FORUMS! Just had the most hilarious phone call from a collection agency!

Oh cool. That is good to know.

Hmmm, do they just deal with $100 debts cuz 1 of my 2 is $100 exactly lol. The other is over $500 (this is the one that I need whittled down). I just mailed my DVs to them today.  I had never even heard of them before so I know they never mailed me anything on either of the debts.

If I have to go to PFDs next, it's great to be ready with info like email addies and how hard it is to deal with them.

Thanks again!

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 14
esme
Regular Contributor

Re: THANK YOU FICO FORUMS! Just had the most hilarious phone call from a collection agency!

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!

I've had similar conversations with CAs and it's SO AMUSING to see how much they have tried to convince me how much they could care less about my money when it's only a small collection (one CSR actually told me that), and then how upset they get when I respond by asking, "if you don't care about my $126, then why are you getting so upset that I refuse to pay without a delete?" LOLLLLLLL

Keep at it, Izzy!! I did, and eventually the CA I am referring to sent my husband's account back to Verizon so we could deal with the ones who actually had the authority to accept a PFD. Good luck!!!!

I LOVE MYFICO TOO!!!!! <3

Starting Scores: EQ 582 TU 584 EX 615 (FICO - Lender Pulled) 1/4/2012
Current Scores:EQ 632 TU 698 EX 669 (Lender Pulled) 3/17/2012
Goal Scores:700 club here we come!

Message 12 of 14
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

Yes I did my research and I have heard others say they have never heard of them, and they thought it was a fraudulent company. None of them have ever received any contact from UC, and I havent either, just saw them on my CR's. Also one person said they DV'd them and they deleted the account without ever contacting them, so you may get some results from you DV letters. Wish you luck!

Either way for me whether its Goodwilling or PFD's, I will not stop until they delete this account!

Starting Score: TU-470 4/11/19, EQ-482 4/11/19, EX-486 4/11/19
Current Score: TU-507 7/18/19, EQ-517 7/18/19, EX-508 7/18/19
Goal Score: TU-700, EQ-700, EX-700

Message 13 of 14
Guava
Established Contributor

Awesome to read! way to shove it to them haha

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.