Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRANSUNION DISPUTE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TRANSUNION DISPUTE

Hoping someone has had this issue before.  I did a dispute with Transunion for an account with Montgomery Ward and not too long after I got the results as The disputed item(s) was verified as accurate; however, other information has also changed and it was not removed.  THEN about 2 weeks later I was notified that it was removed.  I am so confused now.  No idea what is going on.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: TRANSUNION DISPUTE

When disputed information is removed, there are two different possibilities.

The first is that deletion was reported, outside of and not necessarily representing concurrence with, the findings in the dispute process, and the second is that the deletion represents a finding from the dispute.

Since you had apparently received a Notice of Results of Reinvestigation from the CRA indicating verification of accuracy of the diputed information, deletion was apparently NOT done by the CRA as a finding in the dispute.

That leads to the conclusion that, for some reason unrelated tothe dispute, the furnisher of the information to the CRA subsequently decided to delete.  One possible reason would simply be to remove the information, thus obviating any continued admin or civil action regarding the continued reporting of the information.

REgardles, why it was reported as deleted is speculative.

You could always contact the furnisher and ask why.........

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.