cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRANSUNION EE SUCCEEDED, Now onto Experian...

tag
moosemoney
Regular Contributor

Re: TRANSUNION EE SUCCEEDED, Now onto Experian...

ignore this comment lol
Message 11 of 21
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Yeah, unfortunately, that happened to me also with TU. At the end of last month, I tried to dispute the only baddie I had and it backfired, because once they contacted the creditor, they updated the info with another late month (from 90 to 120 days late) and placed voluntary repo in the comments... EX score stayed the same, but EQ 706 and TU 695 dropped to 634 and 665 respectively... SMH

Lesson learned, don't poke the bear... at least they will fall of next summer!

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 12 of 21
SSgtUSMC
New Contributor

Where you describing your experience with TU or Experian?  I had success with TU but made the mistake of submitting an EE via online for Experian (the dispute just closed today).  The only thing that changed on the account is that it is now due to fall off Aug '19 (was Sep '19 before dispute).   Do you think I should consider calling Experian and asking for an EE now?

Message 13 of 21
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

It couldn't hurt, all they could say is no... Also, you could call back again next month to try again if necessary!!! Good luck Smiley Wink

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”

Message 14 of 21
calyx
Super Contributor

@HighAchiever wrote:

It couldn't hurt, all they could say is no... Also, you could call back again next month to try again if necessary!!! Good luck Smiley Wink

Actually, they can do more than say no.

Unless there is a pressing need to get that off of your report (applying for a loan or other product), I'd just wait it out.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 15 of 21
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

@calyx wrote:

@HighAchiever wrote:

Unless there is a pressing need to get that off of your report (applying for a loan or other product), I'd just wait it out.

Maybe I am missing something, but  stated he is asking if they will remove a negative early that will be falling off anyway in 4 months. He already placed a dispute and the information got changed from 5 months (Sept) to 4 months (Aug)...  what are you referring to? Smiley Indifferent

Message 16 of 21
calyx
Super Contributor

@HighAchiever wrote:

@calyx wrote:

@HighAchiever wrote:

Maybe I am missing something, but  stated he is asking if they will remove a negative early that will be falling off anyway in 4 months. He already placed a dispute and the information got changed from 5 months (Sept) to 4 months (Aug)...  what are you referring to? Smiley Indifferent

Some people - admittedly me included - have had things go wrong when dealing with the CRAs and EEs.  Saeren had one get kicked back to his OC, which harmed his score.  My DOFD with Experian has been magically set back several months.   I know people get super excited about Early Exclusions (heaven knows I did), I'm just saying that EEs are not always necessary, and sometimes does not yield good, or even correct, results.   So yes, you might get an EE, you might have nothing happen, you might have some other good thing happen, or something bad might happen.  We all have to decide if it's worth the potential headache.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

EEs should be considered bad words around here unless it’s from TransUnion who is very easy to deal with and don’t screw everything up. Smiley Indifferent

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey all, just an update.  Experian has deleted one of the accounts that I requested an EE for (it was due to come of May 2019 anyways). The other one however is still in process (due to come of July 2019). Next week will make it 30 days to see complete results of the two account EE request/dispute so we'll see what happens to the other one! My Transunion had boosted +126 points so its 777 as of the moment (myFico score). Awaiting to see how my Experian score changes. Thanks all for the feedback!!

Message 19 of 21
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Congratulations!!! Fingers crossed for you... Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.