Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU - 3 Medicals deleted +92 score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU - 3 Medicals deleted +92 score

I  made a post about this success in the gardening thread but wanted to share my results here as well. Hope is an important thing, especially when you're doing something that takes a lot of time and a lot of patience - ie rebuilding credit.

Backstory: been fighting to remove 3 paid closed medical collections from my reports. When I paid them I didn't know that fufilling a  medical debt being collected didn't necessarily delete it from your report - sometimes the collection agency will do this on their own, sometimes you have to request it and or do a PFD and sometimes they just say no period.

I got a myFico alert about an hour ago informing me that a collection had been removed from my TU report and that my score had increased. BY 92 POINTS! Once I got home and was able to pull a fresh TU report I was able to confirm that I had succeded in gettting all 3 medicals deleted,  which coupled with an old 30day late with capital one ageing off my report in Nov, resulted in perfectly clean report and a net gain of 126 points to my TU fico8 since October. Feels pretty **bleep** good.

I am still waiting to hear any updates from EX & EQ  regarding the latest stage of my removal efforts but should have either a reply or deletion confirmation from both by Jan 14th, which is their 30 day response deadline. Would be amazing holiday gift to get similar deletes from both of them but the realist in me expects at least one one of my reports to call for more fighting. Unfortunatly for them I'm dedicated to this until its done, I got nothing but time and stacks of pre-written, stamped and tracked letters ready to go should they want to continue. 

I'll update this post as I hear from EX & TU.

TU92points.jpeg

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TU - 3 Medicals deleted +92 score

We will miss you in the garden while you go an app spree 47 new credit cards, lol.

Congrats!  My score going up 150+ points took 8 months and didn't look anywhere near that exciting!

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, though this was more a matter of luck and happy coincidence with the 30day late ageing off right before a suprisely fast full delete. Prior to this it took me about 2 years to go from the mid-high 500s into the 650-680 range I was at before I did my app spree & picked up 5 cards in august. Started this delete campaign in late june early july once i discovered that paying them off didnt remove them.

And no need to worry I won't be leaving the garden anytime soon - did a complete wallet rebuild in aug-sept and picked up 5 cards that I had wanted to compliment our normal spend most. Well 4 cards that served a purpose and one NFCU card that I impulse apped after getting membership in the hopes of getting one of those notorisly huge $15-25k starting lines they give out but ended up at a still respectful but unnecceary $5.5k cashRewards. At least its got a decent 10% apr but we dont keep balances so its still kind of a loss. I'll be gardening until at least febuary when I'm planning to take a HP cli  on my CSP to get the $10k I need to PC to reserve. By feb all the cards I added with be at least 6mo, though I might just wait until I am actually eligable for PC in 8/16/18 when I hit one year. We'll see.

Message 3 of 9
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Extra congratulations!! 😁

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP You did not state how you got the medical collections deleted. Nor how long they had been on your reports.  

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@soloman

I intentionally didn't describe the process I am using because it is one that is not allowed for discussion here per Rebuilding Credit Forum guidelines posted & stickied at the top of the forum. Google "whychat hippa" or shoot me a pm if you'd like to know more.

As for the age/DOFD/date of payment omissions - that was my bad being excited about the huge suprise success. All 3 of the paid medicals are from ER,neurological & radiological services rendered in late 2013. DOFD on 2 was in early 2014, for the other early 2015. All 3 paid & closed on 6/30/17
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whychat’s method to handle medical collections seems legit to me because he never says don’t pay the bill. In fact he encourages bill payment. So why does this forum not allow it?
Message 7 of 9
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Whychat’s method to handle medical collections seems legit to me because he never says don’t pay the bill. In fact he encourages bill payment. So why does this forum not allow it?

Because it violates the main rule:

The only credit repair discussions allowed in FICO Forums are ones that exchange information on how to correct or remove real errors from your credit report – not accurate information that you want to get rid of because it may be negatively affecting your credit score

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 8 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Whychat has sent MyFico a cease and desist letter demanding that it not be discussed on these boards. That is the main reason.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.