Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU EE Process

tag
Newfhntr
Established Member

TU EE Process

Can someone provide me with some clarification on requesting EE from TU.

I have read that some people suggest not calling but using their website because the response is quicker.  The only contact I see on their website is chat or filing a dispute.  Which do you use to request EE?  I know I don't wasn't to actually file a dispute.

I attempted to reach for this but didn't have any luck.  I am sure it is posted somewhere.

I have a CO that is scheduled to be removed on 8/24 and would like to request an EE.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Re: TU EE Process

I used the TU website and requested a dispute. I referenced my BK to age and by the time I logged off, I received an email that it was deleted. This EE was several months early. 

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k | 1 months until BK7 disappears |
( EE from TU & EX )
Message 2 of 14
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

I got my BK EE 6 months early by calling. The only reason I called was that I was not able to access the TU website to pull my report for some reason. I would have much preferred to do it online. 

I did have great success...before I lost access to TU...with getting EE on a few accounts which were reporting lates just before my BK. I believe I got EE on those about a year early, and did those online. 

FICO 8 (1/21/24) EX 805 EQ 720 TU 844
FICO 9 (2/17/24) EX 821 EQ 778 TU 850
CH 13 DC 1/5/21 -- I practice AZEO - NEVER above 1% utilization across all cards.

Current lineup as of 9/23
American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 6K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 5K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Gold Delta Skymiles 6K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 1K | Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 15K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 15K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 1.5K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I Affinity Pure Rewards Visa 5K
Message 3 of 14
7774x
Frequent Contributor

@Newfhntr wrote:

I have read that some people suggest not calling but using their website because the response is quicker.  The only contact I see on their website is chat or filing a dispute.  Which do you use to request EE?  I know I don't wasn't to actually file a dispute.

I attempted to reach for this but didn't have any luck.  I am sure it is posted somewhere.

I have a CO that is scheduled to be removed on 8/24 and would like to request an EE.

Go TU disputes .. Click Other .. do not check any of the other  dispute reason boxes ...there are about 25...  After clicking other, a box  pops to asking to state  reasons for dispute..I say item  is old ...asking for an Early Exclusion  to immediately remove  item  .. state  the request is not a dispute.  Presto in 5 seconds.. up pops decision saying request approved & also you get an email .. baddie gone..   Ask at 6 month mark  for EE ..  done this over 30x helping  friends,  family  , co workers ...worked every time !

Message 4 of 14
7774x
Frequent Contributor

@7774x wrote:

@Newfhntr wrote:

Go TU disputes .. Click Other .. do not check any of the other  dispute reason boxes ...there are about 25...  After clicking other, a box  pops to asking to state  reasons for dispute..I say item  is old ...asking for an Early Exclusion  to immediately remove  item  .. state  the request is not a dispute.  Presto in 5 seconds.. up pops decision saying request approved & also you get an email .. baddie gone..   Ask at 6 month mark  for EE ..  done this over 30x helping  friends,  family  , co workers ...worked every time !

Your    8/24    CO was eligible to be removed starting Feb 1st

Message 5 of 14
Blender
Established Contributor

Been seeing some mixed reviews lately here. The last few tries at EE with TU have not been instant, almost 3 weeks 

1/2024
FICO 8
FICO 9

Message 6 of 14
7774x
Frequent Contributor

@Blender wrote:

Been seeing some mixed reviews lately here. The last few tries at EE with TU have not been instant, almost 3 weeks 

Do what works for you

Message 7 of 14
Blender
Established Contributor

@7774x wrote:

@Blender wrote:

Do what works for you

Im pointing out that for me it hasnt been instant. I've done it the exact way you described to the other poster above

1/2024
FICO 8
FICO 9

Message 8 of 14
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

6 months before scheduled deletion .......

Call TU and ask to speak with a supervisor

Read your prepared speach

Wait five minutes while your file is being examined

Thank the supervisor for deleting your TL

Do your happy dance

Rinse and repeat as necessary

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 9 of 14
Newfhntr
Established Member

Well I am definitely having a different  expierence with TU than everyone else. 

I sent in an EE request through their website, my report showed the account coming off on 8/24 and I saved the report that showed the date.  This morning I recieved an email that my dispute had been investigated and the account was verified.  So I went and pulled another report and the date has changed to 2/25.  No other dates changed.

So I called TU and after getting the run-a-round spoke with a supervisor who said I could dispute the account.  He also stated that TU no longer do early exclusions and they stopped 4 years ago.

Really not sure what is going on  here.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.