Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU EE no more?

tag
drewricomakeubu
Frequent Contributor

TU EE no more?

Hey everyone, 

i'm taking this with a grain of salt, but I just got off the phone with a TU supervisor who said they are no longer doing 6 month EEs. I called to see if they would do it for a collection a week early, I know, but I couldn't help it. The person said they no longer do the early exclusions. 

I was able to do an online dispute about a week ago and got 2 discover COs taken off 6 months early. It did it pretty much instantly online. I brought that up to the supervisor and she mentioned that if the creditor has filed for it to be deleted then it would automatically do it online. Not sure if thats true or not but I don't know. 

I may have jumped the gun a little bit with the online dispute form. I have one collection due to fall off in August and 1 CO to fall off in September of this year. I disputed them online and now it's still pending for about an hour now? Did I screw up?

Just some developments. Maybe the supervisor was having a bad day. Also, if someone could DM me a TU phone number where I could speak to an American, that would be helpful or if someone could share a website or possible what to search for on google. I would greatly appreciate it. 

Current FICO 8: TU: 814 EX: 774 EQ: 806
Current Cards:
Chase Freedom $800
Chase Ink Unlimited $8,000
American Express BCP: $12,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred $11,500
Blue Business Plus $10,000
Chase Ink Cash $6,000
Capital One Venture X $16,000
American Express Gold
Amazon Prime Amex $3,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited $5,000

Tour Manager, FOH Engineer, Concert Promoter, HBIC
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
GatoradeZeroGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: TU EE no more?

@drewricomakeubu wrote:

Hey everyone, 

i'm taking this with a grain of salt, but I just got off the phone with a TU supervisor who said they are no longer doing 6 month EEs. I called to see if they would do it for a collection a week early, I know, but I couldn't help it. The person said they no longer do the early exclusions. 

I was able to do an online dispute about a week ago and got 2 discover COs taken off 6 months early. It did it pretty much instantly online. I brought that up to the supervisor and she mentioned that if the creditor has filed for it to be deleted then it would automatically do it online. Not sure if thats true or not but I don't know. 

I may have jumped the gun a little bit with the online dispute form. I have one collection due to fall off in August and 1 CO to fall off in September of this year. I disputed them online and now it's still pending for about an hour now? Did I screw up?

Just some developments. Maybe the supervisor was having a bad day. Also, if someone could DM me a TU phone number where I could speak to an American, that would be helpful or if someone could share a website or possible what to search for on google. I would greatly appreciate it. 

if the estimated date of removal on the report is 6 months out so 7/23 or sooner, do it online, it's automatic and instant 

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 2 of 15
drewricomakeubu
Frequent Contributor

@GatoradeZeroGuy 

unfortunately i jumped the gun on that and filed a dispute 6 months and a week in advance and a month and a week. Feel like I screwed the pooch here.  

Current Cards:
Chase Freedom $800
Chase Ink Cash $6,000
American Express Gold
Amazon Prime Amex $3,000

Message 3 of 15
Jlbolden
Established Member

@drewricomakeubu wrote:

Hey everyone, 

I too requested an early deletion today, but stated I needed to dispute if information was inaccurate.

Message 4 of 15
drewricomakeubu
Frequent Contributor

@Jlbolden wrote:

@drewricomakeubu wrote:

Hey everyone, 

I too requested an early deletion today, but stated I needed to dispute if information was inaccurate.

I actually canceled the disputes I filed today that were technically early of 6 month EE. I'm just going to wait until the actual 6 month mark and see what happens. I'll come back to this thread and update. 

Current Cards:
Chase Freedom $800
Chase Ink Cash $6,000
American Express Gold
Amazon Prime Amex $3,000

Message 5 of 15
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@GatoradeZeroGuy wrote:

if the estimated date of removal on the report is 6 months out so 7/23 or sooner, do it online, it's automatic and instant 

Thanks for that info.  I'll be reaching the 6 month mark on my BK 13 baddies later this year and have heard TU will delete 6 months early.

FICO8 current as of : ----- EQ: --- TU: --- EX: ---
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Platinum $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 6 of 15
drewricomakeubu
Frequent Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

@GatoradeZeroGuy wrote:

Thanks for that info.  I'll be reaching the 6 month mark on my BK 13 baddies later this year and have heard TU will delete 6 months early.

I did the same thing for 2 discover COs. Disputed online in the 6 months prior to deletion and they were deleted instantly. I jumped the gun a little with online dispute a little in advance of 6 months but was able to cancel the dispute. I'm waiting to online dispute 6 months online on Feb 1st so i'll see how that goes. 

Current Cards:
Chase Freedom $800
Chase Ink Cash $6,000
American Express Gold
Amazon Prime Amex $3,000

Message 7 of 15
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Unless their policy has changed in the last month or so, I just received a BK EE from TU 14 months out . Thinking that TU Supervisor is simply telling you what he "thinks" is the case.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 8 of 15
Apexdv
New Contributor

A frind of mine received one today through the online portal - select "Too old to be on report" rather than "Other", etc. - it was removed immediately. I have * never * had a decent experience phoning TU although I read success stories everywhere here. I always reach someone who is adamant about the the 7 year time period or begins questioning my motives ("what kind of thing are you trying to do here?", "that is illegal!" etc etc). I think many of the representatives and supervisors are simply unaware of EE or even how the credit reporting rules actually work. My suggestion is wait for the 6 month mark plus 1 day then submit the request through their website. Remember to use the "Too old to be on report" reason as I think if you select another such as "Other" it pops it over to a queue for an actual human to review. Let the machines do the work beep boop beep
Mission Lane Visa 850, Credit One AMEX 800, kikoff Revolver 2500, Destiny MC 300, CareCredit/Synchrony 1000, Amazon/Synchrony 900
Starting Scores
Current Scores
Message 9 of 15
Apexdv
New Contributor

Oh and PS ... as far as the others:

TU = 6 months
EX = 3 months
EQ = 30 days if they're in a good mood and the moon phase is right for them and it's a Tuesday before a holiday on a pay day with a full tank of gas in their car and it'll be duck à l'orange for dinner - in other words: don't bother.

Mission Lane Visa 850, Credit One AMEX 800, kikoff Revolver 2500, Destiny MC 300, CareCredit/Synchrony 1000, Amazon/Synchrony 900
Starting Scores
Current Scores
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.