cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU Locked Me Out of Online File

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Established Contributor

TU Locked Me Out of Online File

I went online the other day to pull a free credit report because I was denied credit based on their report.  It told me I couldn't and that I had to call & order the report.  At the time I thought it was strange and wondered if sending my letter requesting MOV for the 2nd time to their legal counsel had anything to do with this.  However, I did print the screen for a paper trail in the event things get that far.

So, last night I tried to dispute an item online.  It said that my access to my file had expired and to submit my requests via mail or phone.  What do you make of this?  I've never had this problem with TU in the past.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Senior Contributor

Re: TU Locked Me Out of Online File

Did you try calling and seeing what they tell you? I don't think they can lock you out completely, you have a right to a free copy as you were denied credit.
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 3
Moderator Emeritus

Re: TU Locked Me Out of Online File

The same happened to DW after disputing on EQ when we first started repair. A FA was placed her EQ. Took several phone calls and a re-establishment of online access to get things back to normal again.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.