cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU dropped 43pts, Jesus take the wheel!!

tag
cambia46
Contributor

TU dropped 43pts, Jesus take the wheel!!

This nonsense got my morning off to a funky  start. I woke up to an alert showing a TU score dropped from 772 to 729. And I gained 5lbs during my vacation this week...weight going up, score goes down, not a good look.😉

So, I THINK the loss of points may because a revolving account dropped off, but I would like to get some input from those of you who are more knowledgeable to help shed some light. The recent changes reported today on TU are below. (no changes so far to EQ and EX) 

USAA Credit card deletion: Dropped off early, which leaves me with 3 revolving Accra reporting (total balance of $65). I wasn't expecting this acct to drop off until 2024 because it was 90 days late in Dec 2016, paid off in Jan 2017.  It was closed by insurer in 2011.  Since this was 1 of only 2 baddies (the other a paid collection 2018) I thought deletion would increase my score. Btw, I do have 3 new cards (Chase Sapphire, Apple, NCFU) that will report soon. The only one I've used is Chase within the past week, which will be reported soon, I suppose. 

Personal Loan regular payment: This brought balance to $7250. (Plan to try to refinance this with a better interest loan because the 18% interest is killing me) 

Veterans United (mortgage): They finally reported my July payment.  The account is in good standing , but I have a dispute open because they hadn't reported since June, which was increasing my total debt.  In response they only reported my July payment, although I paid August on the 1st. 

Only other recent changes were 2 inquiries from NCFU this week, which dropped my score only 3pts that same day. 

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks 

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.