Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TXU (Texas) Energy charge off question

tag
CorySoccer
Regular Contributor

TXU (Texas) Energy charge off question

Mods, please move if this is not in the right section Smiley Happy

This is a pretty localized question so I was not surprised when I didn't find any results when I searched for it.

I have a charge-off with TXU Energy (Based in Texas).  Basically it's an electric bill.

It's the only negative account that is reporting to all three CRAs and even though it will fall off next year, I'd like to get it removed now.

HOWEVER, no collection agency has the account.  TXU never sent it to a collection agency. They just wrote it off.  So I can't call the collection agency and do a PFD and I've tried calling TXU and can NOT for the life of me get a live person.

Any other suggestions out there? Or has anyone else had an issue with TXU?  

I live in Arlington, TX and apprently their billing department is close by so I figured I may just stop in. Idk.

Thanks!

Derogatory Account Info Picture 5-12.PNG

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
8in2years
Regular Contributor

Re: TXU (Texas) Energy charge off question

Send them a letter and ask if they will agree to a 50%  or more settlement for the debt payment. If they agree then pay it. Send this inside of a USPS priority mail flat rate envelope. Just my two cents.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.