Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tackling last two negative chart offs- need help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tackling last two negative chart offs- need help

Members,

So I am tackling my last two negative items. Two charge offs from Captial one from 2013. Both of these items have been settled with Capital one between 2014 and 2015. They are settled accounts.

So far when I pulled Experian and Equifax reports after disputing the accounts for inaccuracies they both came back verified and or updated. What my problem is and might be that I am not understanding this is that both reports continue to show the original date of delinquency inccorrect after the dispute.

Since the date of delinquency is reporting incorrectly do I have grounds to have these deleted? If so, what's the best way to go about it?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tackling last two negative chart offs- need help

Sorry typing from phone. I am still going to have to pull my TU as well. Also, don't want to poke the bear since I have a Cap1 QS card with 3500SL and a year of good history with them.
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You disputed the accuracy of the reported DOFD, and the dispute was verified as accurate?

If so, you have a concluded dispute.

What documentation did you provide to support your assertion of an incorrect DOFD?

You have several options if you still feel that their reporting is inaccurate.

First, if have additional documentation to support your position that was not previously provided, then you can file a new dispute.

Second, if you feel that your documentation supported your dispute, then you can file a civil action asserting that they did not conduct a reasonable investigation of your dispute.

Your third option is similar to the second, except that instead of filing a civil action, you can file a complaint with the CFPB, asserting willfull or negligently inaccurate reporting by the creditor.

In any event, the issue is accuracy of the DOFD.  If the DOFD is corrected to a date that is still less than 7 years plus 180 days ago, then exclusion willl still not be required.

There is no deletion requirment for simply having reported inaccurate information. 

Message 3 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Which of those options Robert listed suits your situation? Also, what are the incorrect dates vs what the original date should be?

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.