Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking responsibility for my actions.

tag
Taoron
Frequent Contributor

Taking responsibility for my actions.

Hello,

First, ignore my signature.  It's a huge blatant lie in 2020.  That signature was 100% accurate in 2015.  I haven't had as much luck since then.

In 2016, I formed a business and used the bajillion dollars of credit I had amassed to pay for it. The business failed a few months after Hurricane Irma hit us in Florida.  The business ended up leaving me in debt and closing in January 2018.

I looked for help with the debt in December 2019 from a debt negotiation company.  At the time, I didn't have enough disposable income to do the program. 

As of July 31st, I am now enrolled in a debt repayment program to pay off collections and charge offs.  I left open cards out of it.

I had to do this, 1) to prove to myself that I am a good person and can repay my debt.  I never meant to amass as much as I had, I thought for sure my business would have taken off.  2) to show potential employers that I am trying to be responsible paying off debt.

I am set to be debt free in August 2024, to coincide with the expiration of my bankruptcy filed in 2014. 

I am sad that this happened again, a few years after bankruptcy.  I can learn and move forward and try to not mistakes again.

Moving forward, my goal is not to open as many credit cards as I can with as high of limits as I can.  I am going to keep 3 cards open, max.  If those creditors feel I am doing well, I'm sure they'd give me a credit line increase.  If not, I will learn to live with those 3 and not apply for anything else in the future. 

Goals:  

1. Be debt free in 48 months.
  2. Build a substantial savings account.
  3. Bring current cards down to 0% util and keep it there.

If anyone has any questions about who I went with, what the terms are, how you can do this too, etc.. feel free to reply, I'll be happy to tell you what I'm doing and how.

Peace,

Taoron

4 REPLIES 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Taking responsibility for my actions.

Grats! It's good to take control and try to address your debt, although paying it in 4 years seem like quite a while. Will you be able to keep up with payments for that long? How are your finances looking?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Taoron wrote:

Hello,

First, ignore my signature.  It's a huge blatant lie in 2020.  That signature was 100% accurate in 2015.  I haven't had as much luck since then.

In 2016, I formed a business and used the bajillion dollars of credit I had amassed to pay for it. The business failed a few months after Hurricane Irma hit us in Florida.  The business ended up leaving me in debt and closing in January 2018.

I looked for help with the debt in December 2019 from a debt negotiation company.  At the time, I didn't have enough disposable income to do the program. 

As of July 31st, I am now enrolled in a debt repayment program to pay off collections and charge offs.  I left open cards out of it.

I had to do this, 1) to prove to myself that I am a good person and can repay my debt.  I never meant to amass as much as I had, I thought for sure my business would have taken off.  2) to show potential employers that I am trying to be responsible paying off debt.

I am set to be debt free in August 2024, to coincide with the expiration of my bankruptcy filed in 2014. 

I am sad that this happened again, a few years after bankruptcy.  I can learn and move forward and try to not mistakes again.

Moving forward, my goal is not to open as many credit cards as I can with as high of limits as I can.  I am going to keep 3 cards open, max.  If those creditors feel I am doing well, I'm sure they'd give me a credit line increase.  If not, I will learn to live with those 3 and not apply for anything else in the future. 

Goals:  

If anyone has any questions about who I went with, what the terms are, how you can do this too, etc.. feel free to reply, I'll be happy to tell you what I'm doing and how.

Peace,

Taoron

This is a good start. Have you considered differ from opening any credit cards at all?

Message 3 of 5
Taoron
Frequent Contributor

I haven't opened new cards in years.  I have a few that are still open, I'll pay them off and then use it once a month for reporting purposes to keep account from bring closed.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Taoron wrote:

Hello,

Goals:  

Peace,

Taoron

This is a good start. Have you considered differ from opening any credit cards at all?

Message 4 of 5
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on rebuilding, twice.

You are doing it, everything you should be.

You know the rest is just time, and payments.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.