Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target/TD Bank Charge Off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target/TD Bank Charge Off

Has anyone had any success paying for deletion on a Target/TD Bank account?

I have a charge-off from 2014 of $412.

This charge-off is killing my chances of improving my credit. 

I have a BOA 99/500 that graduated 8 months ago with perfect payment and they won't give me a CLI because of the old Charge-off.

I have a DiscoverIT secured: $1,200 and a Cap1 Platinum $500.

My current scores: 

EQ: 607

TU: 617

EX: 588

Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Target/TD Bank Charge Off

Does the original (reporting) creditor still own the debt?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. Target/TD Bank never sold the debt to collections.

Message 3 of 5
nmk94
Regular Contributor

Was there an outcome to this? Did you have any success?

1/24 - EX 831 | EQ 830 | TU 824
12/22 - EX 794 | EQ 799 | TU 741
9/20 - EX 726 | EQ 710 | TU 720
8/20 - EX 686 | EQ 678 | TU 675
7/20 - EX 671 | EQ 657 | TU 659
04/20 - EX 649 | EQ 645 | TU 661
11/17 - EX 614 | EQ 626 | TU 612
Goal - EX 750 | EX 750 | TU 750
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a target CO from 2016 which has been reporting every single month as a late. I did not even realize this until I pulled my Experian. I made a payment arrangement with them last week, paid 1/2 and now the remaining 1/2 is supposed to be withdrawn tomorrow. The customer service woman was very nice but when I called she immediately advised me that they intend to collect on the CO. I told her well good news is I'm calling to pay and she laughed.  after the remainder is withdrawn I will send them Gw letters and ask for the trade line to be deleted. TD is a tough not to crack I learned but even having it paid off instead of reporting as in collection every single month and adding a late payment will help.

if you can afford it, pay them. They will work with you. I had another old TD CO through Nordstrom (I forgot I hadn't returned merchandise and $80 went into collections - so darn stupid). After I paid that CO my score went up a few points although it is still on my report. Since they're both TD I am going to send GW when both debts are fully settled.

you live, you learn.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.