cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telling the collection ppl that I will file bk good or bad idea ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Telling the collection ppl that I will file bk good or bad idea ?

@kugel wrote:
It’s like 7 month in collections
Also what is the lowest amount she can try for a settlement payment they agreed 50% of the balance can we go even lower than this ?

You can try to negotiaate for any amount you want, worst thing they can do is say no.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kugel wrote:
Will Barclaycard card take leagal action to garnish bank acoount for $2000 balance ?
How’s capital one in the matter ?

I've read that Capital One will take legal action. Not sure about Barclays.

Message 12 of 15
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Yes, Capital One WILL take action 90% of the time. They apparently never sell to JDB.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyone jokes about Cap1 being subprime etc......but from what I’ve read (a lot), they will come after you. And they have a pretty high success rate comparable to other creditors. I will try to find the chart I saw last year. 

Message 14 of 15
kugel
Valued Contributor

Yes if u can get the chart pleas ?
How about Bofa ?
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.