Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary increase?

tag
How2increase
Regular Contributor

Temporary increase?

Hi guys!!! This morning I recieved a score watch alert, My score went up 20 points. It shows 1 account for BOA that I disputed last month and another account that has said "consumer disputes" for months now. Is this just a temporary increase? Until its no longer in dispute?
Jan 2012 TU 517 EX(fako) 524 EQ 470
Current score LENDER PULL TU 652 EX 641 EQ 617
Yayy we made it!!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Temporary increase?

@How2increase wrote:
Hi guys!!! This morning I recieved a score watch alert, My score went up 20 points. It shows 1 account for BOA that I disputed last month and another account that has said "consumer disputes" for months now. Is this just a temporary increase? Until its no longer in dispute?

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it), portions of an OC account under dispute will not be scored by FICO. Among these are the balance, the CL, and the payment history. Other items like AAoA, scoring bucket, mix of credit, acct age, etc. including CAs and PRs, are not removed or impacted by a dispute.

So you won't really know anything for sure until the dispute is resolved.

Message 2 of 3
How2increase
Regular Contributor

Re: Temporary increase?

Thanks, that's what I thought 😔
Jan 2012 TU 517 EX(fako) 524 EQ 470
Current score LENDER PULL TU 652 EX 641 EQ 617
Yayy we made it!!!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.