Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ten Month Progress

tag
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Ten Month Progress

Have not posted much recently, but wanted to pop in for a 10 month status on my credit repair efforts.

First, the bad news:  The holiday season coupled with multipe significant unavoidable expenses required me to take on some debt to carry that I did not anticipate or want.  That's frustrating, and it is taking longer to reduce than I hoped.  With effort, I may be able to get it back to manageable in 3 months or so.  Overall UTI still only around 25%, but thats with the benefit of my bloated CareCredit line.  Thank goodness for that.

In any case, my FICO08 benchmarks are below.  In a few months I will start diving deeper in to other FICO models, because auto and mortgage will become important later on.  

May 2019:

EX: 578

TU: 574

EQ: 572

March  2020:

EX: 677

TU: 696

EQ: 702

Experian, you are not my friend.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Ten Month Progress

Congrats @BallBounces , that's awesome progress 

Sorry about unexpected expenses,  I think holidays got most of us Smiley Frustrated

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recommend doing what I did during the holidays and just try to declutter to recoup some of that money if you can and lower balances sooner than later.

It didn't seem like much, but ditching stuff around the house dozens of times for $5-20 ended up bringing in a few hundred to cover expenses.

Just a thought if you have stuff to let go.

Message 3 of 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your success!

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your success! 👍

Message 5 of 11
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Thanks all.

It was not the holidays expenses as much as two significant and unavoidable expenses happening at the same time.  Bummer, but I will get tthrough!

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 6 of 11
collics
Established Contributor

Incredible process in less than one year. Over 109 pts each report! CONGRATS!!

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will pull through.. Stay focused.  Build your emergency fund up so that you won't have to use credit.   I have had

some luck with using emergency savings over the past 2 years instead of credit now that I have more doctors than friends and relatives.  Good luck.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your successes. Setbacks are crappy but at least you have a plan to pull through. You have made some great gains over the last year. I use Experian to get daily updates and be able to check my other scores as well. It's like 9.99 a month I think and only one CRA but it helps me get an idea of where my scores are sitting. They are usually within 10pts of each other so long as my overall reported info is the same. Good luck moving forward!

Message 9 of 11
Heatt99
Frequent Contributor

Great progress. Scores are in the prime lending range. Nothing wrong with carrying a balance with an exception of paying interest.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.