cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tenaglia & Hunt (Bank of America CC debt)

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
New Contributor

Tenaglia & Hunt (Bank of America CC debt)

They sent me a settlement offer of 60% off of the full balance.

Is it possible I can get them to settle for less than 60% say 30% - 60%?

Also, do you think it's possible to get PFD since they represent the OC and not a 3rd party collections?

Bonus question, has anyone dealt w/ these guys before? I couldn't find anything via Google other than their website.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Frequent Contributor

Re: Tenaglia & Hunt (Bank of America CC debt)

Only a few months ago I settled with BofA (not another agency) for about 40-45% of the original debt. I am not sure of the percentage exactly, but it was in the 40-something percentages. You really should be able to get that. I've heard of people getting a lower percentage than that. I don't know about dealing with Tenaglia & Hunt, though. 

I wish you the best of luck!

FICO8: Nov 20, 2018:
FICO8: Nov 20, 2019:
FICO8: Jan 25, 2020:
Goal for December 2019: FICO8 640-700 (reached! Fico 681!)
Goal for December 2020: FICO8 685-710
Overstock Store Card, $2,250Walmart Store Card, $500 limitDiscover IT Cash Back, $2000Navy Fed cashRewards, $2000Shell Citi store card, $800Navy More Rewards, $17,000RIP Green Dot Platinum
Overstock $4,250, Walmart $500, Discover IT Cash Back $2400, Navy Fed cashRewards $2000, Shell (Citi) Fuel Rewards $800, Navy More Rewards $17,000, (RIP Green Dot Platinum Secured)

Starting Score: 539
Current Score: 676
Goal Score: 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge   |   My credit recovery journal

Message 2 of 5
New Contributor

Thanks for your insight.

I will see if I can get them to settle for 40-45% then.

Maybe I need to contact BOA and see if I can offer them 40-45%.

Message 3 of 5
Frequent Contributor

@Twitchrdrm wrote:

Thanks for your insight.

I will see if I can get them to settle for 40-45% then.

Maybe I need to contact BOA and see if I can offer them 40-45%.

I don't know about Tenaglia & Hunt. So who knows what they'd be willing to do. All I know is that BofA negotiated down to under 45%. I read that others had gotten even a lower percentage with BofA. If I had to do it over again, I would have lowballed the BofA person I was talking to and seen how low they were willing to go. They at first offered (I think) something like 60% but I simply didn't have the money so I couldn't have accepted that had I wanted to. I gave a lowball-ish number and she went up to the 40-something percent offer and I took it (with great relief!). I don't know whether if I had pressed it more, she would have gone even lower. She might have.

Hopefully some others here with more experience can give you good advice. All I know is that it doesn't hurt to start offering lower numbers and then seeing what they say. Again I don't know anything about Tenaglia & Hunt, but if BofA is willing to take 40-something percent, hopefully, T&H will too. (Or even lower!)

FICO8: Nov 20, 2018:
FICO8: Nov 20, 2019:
FICO8: Jan 25, 2020:
Goal for December 2019: FICO8 640-700 (reached! Fico 681!)
Goal for December 2020: FICO8 685-710
Overstock Store Card, $2,250Walmart Store Card, $500 limitDiscover IT Cash Back, $2000Navy Fed cashRewards, $2000Shell Citi store card, $800Navy More Rewards, $17,000RIP Green Dot Platinum
Overstock $4,250, Walmart $500, Discover IT Cash Back $2400, Navy Fed cashRewards $2000, Shell (Citi) Fuel Rewards $800, Navy More Rewards $17,000, (RIP Green Dot Platinum Secured)

Starting Score: 539
Current Score: 676
Goal Score: 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge   |   My credit recovery journal

Message 4 of 5

Good rule of thumb is if the debt is still inside the SOL 60% is a good offer as they could still successfully use the court system to get a judgment for it all. Typically if its past SOL then 30-50% is a good offer from you, when it goes past the CRTP then even lower amounts can be offered. A PFD is only used if the CA is actually reporting on your CR. If they are not then you would want to make a deal to settle in exchange for it not reporting.

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.