Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Term "Foreclosure" used on a five year old repo

tag
daddiggingout
Regular Contributor

Term "Foreclosure" used on a five year old repo

Earlier I had asked about a five year old repo and was advised by many of you more seasoned my FICO members to wisely leave it be until it dissapears in 2016.  Today I was reviewing the reports looking to build an attack plan for my credit repair and noticed that the repo has been dropped by Trans Union completely, while Experian did not report last month and Equifax has a negative mark that when rolled over says Foreclosure 8/2014.  Does anyone know what this abrupt change in my worst credit mark means.  Has a CA picked this up and is just having fun playing about between the three CRAs?  I am going to look into settling as soon as i can assure I am out of SOL for a repossession - I am going to check with a consumer attorney as I purchased the vehicle in the South and have since returned to the Northeast.  Also, before Experian showed a foreclosure marker, it had a green paid on time 11 month pattern.  I just don't know how to approach this one!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Term "Foreclosure" used on a five year old repo

bump..... same situation for me with TU.... im listening

Message 2 of 3
daddiggingout
Regular Contributor

Re: Term "Foreclosure" used on a five year old repo

I did a little research on my own and found that an attorney suggested writing a letter of dispute to the three CRA showing that the legal definition of foreclosure is used only in the context of a land/real estate property transaction, and is therefore not legal representation on a CRA.  I need to make absolutely sure of my SOL status before shaking th is creditor, but it all looks a little shady anyway, given that one of three is showing a year of positive reporting, followed by two months of this new foreclosure negative mark, while another CRA has dropped it from my records completely.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.