Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminated vs Closed on Credit Card Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Terminated vs Closed on Credit Card Account

Hey,

I had my husbands accounton my credit to improve me credit scores and I was going through a lending process and was told that I needed to take them off, so I did.

They were in good standing, no high balance or anything, but I removed them.

Looking in one of the credit reporting sites, I am seeing the status as terminated....that sounds like it's not something good. What should the status be on something like that? Closed? should I call the company to se eif that is something that they will update?

3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Terminated vs Closed on Credit Card Account

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey,

I had my husbands accounton my credit to improve me credit scores and I was going through a lending process and was told that I needed to take them off, so I did.

Looking in one of the credit reporting sites, I am seeing the status as terminated....that sounds like it's not something good. What should the status be on something like that? Closed? should I call the company to se eif that is something that they will update?

That is the way its supposed to report when you cancel AU status, if its a good account just leave it alone.

Message 2 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Scroll down to the last post from Mod @gdale6 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Responsibility-Terminated/td-p/3878287

Great explanation. I dont copy others replies. Hope that helps!

And Welcome to the Forums!!!!!!

Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey,

That is the way its supposed to report when you cancel AU status, if its a good account just leave it alone.

Ha! Beat me by 2 mins Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.