cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texas Resident DV sent, what if respond comes back all requested info provided?

tag
coolzryder
Established Member

Texas Resident DV sent, what if respond comes back all requested info provided?

Hi, I sent Texas DV letters CMRR to Radisu Global, Midland, Portfolio, CBSA and Collection Breau of America. All collections are out of SOL.

I searched those CA's through state Debt collector's data and Radius, Portfolio, Midland has bond active in Texas.

*I was wonder becuase Radius and Portfolio, Midland bonded in Texas, does it mean they will likely provide all the info requested?

*How hard is it for them to provide it within 30 days?

*Does anyone here had a respond back from CA's with all the info provided for Texas DV letter? If so, what's my next step?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Texas Resident DV sent, what if respond comes back all requested info provided?

The Texas Finance Code debt validation process does not mandate that they provide validation within 30 days.

It only requires that they send a response within 30 days.

That response is not required to include any validation.

They can respond that they are not yet prepared to provide validation.

If they state that they are not providing validation, it then triggers a requirement that they delete any reported collection with each CRA to which it has been reported, but provides that they can reinsert once they do choose to send validation.

The purpose of the 30-day response requirement of the Texas Finance Code is thus to determine whether or not any credit reporting can remain while the debt remains unvalidated, and not to mandate validation within 30 days.

If they do include validation in their 30-day required response, then they are no longer under any cease collection bar or under any requirment to delete their reported collection.  They can resume business as usual.

Message 2 of 3
coolzryder
Established Member

Re: Texas Resident DV sent, what if respond comes back all requested info provided?

Thank you Robert as always!

I've read many threads stating CA's didn't respond properly, what I am really looking for is a case with Portfolio or Midland responded properly within 30 days or even after.

I am just wondering if I am wasting my time with this Smiley Indifferent

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.