Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you! and judgment vacate question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! and judgment vacate question

Just wanted to say "thanks" to everyone who leaves a post on these boards.  I usually just lurk and read other peoples questions and responses and learn what my options are. So since I've been checking out this board:

-- I've been able to get a Tax Lien that was showing as unpaid, even though it was paid, removed/deleted from all CRA's

--I've been able to get a Medical Collections account that was showing as unpaid--again had been paid, removed/deleted from all CRA's

Next up is working on getting my "Satisfied" judgment vacated.  Although, I'm not sure if I should, since it is due to fall off this August. 

However, DH will need to refi home, and we are looking to add my name to the mortgage as well.  So, should I go through the vacate process or should I refi with the "satisfied" judgment on report still?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
palmbeachwife
Regular Contributor

Re: Thank you! and judgment vacate question

Wow, what was your secret for getting the tax lien removed? I paid mine and only EX would agree to delete. That's quite impressive. Good for you.
1/19/09 EQ 595 TU 508 EX 579 FICO
7/1/09 EQ 659 TU myFICO 654 TU 671 EX 644
10/14/10 EQ 696 EX 710 TU 728 (Wachovia pulled scores)
11/1/10 EQ 705 EX 710 TU 728 (700 Club all around, yayyy!)
07/24/11 TU 735
5/21/12 EQ 704 EX 737 TU 722
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thank you! and judgment vacate question

So the Tax Lien was for my State Income Taxes.   I called up the local State Tax Office, explained my situation to them -- basically that I paid the taxes and it's still showing up as unpaid.  Asked the lady if she can help me get it removed...I was VERY, VERY, VERY, nice on the phone...Trick was to ask her to help and explain the process to me, since I was a little bit "confused" with the whole situation. 

Next thing I know she's faxing over a notarized request to remove form to me...YEAH!!  I know I definately got lucky.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.