cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks! GW success...or something like that but it's great!

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Established Member

Thanks! GW success...or something like that but it's great!

So I've been reading these forums and I heard about GW from the others on this forum.  As such, I have several student loans and on them they've reported late 30 days once and 60 once, but keep in mind that's on four separate loans as they were due at the same time each time. So I put together a letter stating I was in the process of deferment as I was still in school, etc, and that I apologize if I was disorganized in getting everything in, etc. I didn't want the letter to be about it being their fault, because I know there's a clearinghouse that should accurately report when students are in school or not. SO anyways I drafted all this and then I decided to call to see  where to send the letter. With the intent that if I spoke to someone in charge, I would just do a GW phone conversation as they are the original creditor Sallie Mae, and I intend to continue w/ them in the future through graduate school.  the lady on the phone said they could only remove stuff through the reporting act legally, and otherwise could not do GW anything. So I asked to speak with her manager. She said the manager would say the same thing. I said, no problem, but I'd still like to.  I knew the manager had already heard her side because her "May I help you" was already a little cold, so I just smoothed things over by saying I wanted to clarify things with her, as I know that sometimes you can get different answers from different customer service reps depending on their experience. Though she was perfectly wonderful, I just wanted to double check with a manager. So I explained my story and about GW because I intended to continue being a valuable customer, and getting more loans from them, I'd make sure this never happens again, etc. She explained the same policy but because she liked our repor I could tell that she "bent the rules" because she was like, you were in school during the time? "Yes," I answered. She did research and deleted three of the four lates!  The other one, she said she'd try to delete but couldn't promise anything because at the time it was a forbearance, not inschool deferment.  She would send me a letter if she could. So anyways this GW works. What's the worse thing that can happen, someone says no? Well I got a no from customer service, and initially from the manager, whom I humbled myself to, and then Faith (the manager), ended up helping me in the end. So just like that I have only one possible late payment on my credit report, maybe NONE, if she can get permission to erase the other. So thanks. I never considered even calling up someone or sending out a letter before I came to this forum.  Even if the manager had said no, I would've still sent the letter.  As I have very little credit, those lates were really damaging to my score. I can't wait to see how high it goes now. Now I am also working on having a pfd of a collection (The lady there promised it would be off my record in 5-7 days, because she'd immediately enter it...at the soonest, so we'll see!) I'll keep everyone informed.
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.