Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks, Journey closing in on complete

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Journey closing in on complete

First off as a lurker in here for around two years I wanna thank everyone for their advise on credit. While I only recently started to dabble in posting, Ive been using many of the advise topics everyone has posted. My favorites are AZEO and EE.

Somehow when I started this journey in summer of 2015 my credit was around 600. How it was that high I don’t know. I had around 15 collections, tons of late payments, and a charge off. Thru the last 2 1/2 years I’ve had 14 collections fall off for various reasons. And now my FICO 8 is what is seen below in my signature.

i have one old charge off I’ll be able to EE in December on Transunion, January on Experian, and it’ll just have to fall off in March naturally a month early for stingy Worthless Equifax. After that I only have one old paid medical collection that will fall off summer of 2020 naturally. Or a few months early by EE where applicable. 

Ive been gardening for six months. And knowing I have an aged, but thin file I know I need a couple more credit cards spaced out at six and 12 months to complete my journey and allow my scores to rise in the upper 700s. After the next EE my credit will rise to around 720 and then I will apply for another credit card.

My file is as follows: AAof A is 11.4 on Experian, 7.2  on Equifax and Transunion. I have three revolving accounts. Capitalone Quicksilver (2500),  Amazon Rewards visa (4000) and a 22 year old overdraft protection (200). Thats 6700 in credit. I have one active 3700 installment loan from Best Egg, I know finance account. Lol. Two closed and paid student loans, and two other installment loan paid and closed accounts. My charge off closed and paid car loan was a joint account with my then girlfriend. Yes, she defaulted and I learned my lesson to never help anyone out.Thats my whole thin file...

my next two cards will will be the Uber Visa  because I eat out a lot and  Citi Double cash as my new baseline card. I have no use for anything but cash back cards. I don’t spend enough nor travel for airline cards. And any fee cards make zero sense since I only push thru my credit cards $750 a month in bills. I pay all my cards in full but leave a small balance one one of my three revolving accounts I lose a few points because my Installment loan is at 3569/3700. Can’t help that. I use installment loans for emergencies and bills one every three years or so.  My income is in the under $25000 yr club.

This is is an overview of what I do because of what I learned in here. I think I lose a few points because I have only four total open accounts. I’ll get that to six within the next year. Anything else any of you think I could do I’d welcome any advise. I’m aware of just about all the tricks for scores in here and I think I employ as many as I can. But I know many of you may come up with good advise to get me as close to 800 as I can be within a year. 

Thanks again for everyone’s help.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Gramz
Contributor

Re: Thanks, Journey closing in on complete

Congrats and way to go.  Keep hacking at it and you will see that 800 score you want.

Gardening ‎10-13-2017

FICO 8[10-25-2017] EX: 706, EQ: 714, TU: 719
FICO 8[1-04-2018] EX: 714, EQ: 737, TU: 721
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Because of advise this whole process is fairly easy. And since I’m patient I have no store cards and only get what I can use and need. And don’t mind going slow. With age (47) comes discipline and an ability to avoid impulses lol. Wish I was like this when young....

Message 3 of 4
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your rebuild success so far! I think you have an excellent plan in and place and I can't think of anything to add to it. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.