Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

That was fast...

tag
Shellemilyrose
Valued Member

That was fast...

I got approved for a B of A account yesterday and I called the SS Administration to have my direct deposit switched from Account Now (Metabank) to B of A.  Today my score got nicked from 557 to 548 because Account Now put a "closed by credit grantor" notice on my report.  Except I'm still able to log into my account and it says it's active.  All I did was remove the Direct Deposit notice from it...  Fortunately, it doesn't say I owe them anything (because I don't) but they still closed my account?  Now I have to wait until my B of A card comes so that I can update my scorewatch payment info... lol.  Happy days?

Starting Score: 487
Current Score: Equifax: 586
Experian: 589
Transunion: 602

Overall Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: That was fast...

@Shellemilyrose wrote:

I got approved for a B of A account yesterday and I called the SS Administration to have my direct deposit switched from Account Now (Metabank) to B of A.  Today my score got nicked from 557 to 548 because Account Now put a "closed by credit grantor" notice on my report.  Except I'm still able to log into my account and it says it's active.  All I did was remove the Direct Deposit notice from it...  Fortunately, it doesn't say I owe them anything (because I don't) but they still closed my account?  Now I have to wait until my B of A card comes so that I can update my scorewatch payment info... lol.  Happy days?

Im not aware of bank accounts being on a CR??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 3
Shellemilyrose
Valued Member

Re: That was fast...

Yeah, I checked the date... which said June of 2010.  My account was open before that, but it was at that time and for about a 3 month period where I asked for direct deposit advances (that might have triggered a credit report record), and in October the Office of Thrift Supervision made it so that iAdvance could no longer loan money.  On the bright side, I paid everything I owed so it actually registered a positive on my account.  So maybe metabank meant to update that before but just forgot until now.  BTW I tried to log into my account this morning and all the account history had been wiped out.  The only change was removing the direct deposit link...

Starting Score: 487
Current Score: Equifax: 586
Experian: 589
Transunion: 602

Overall Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.