cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Saturation Technique: Best GW adjustment odds.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Saturation Technique: Best GW adjustment odds.

I think it sort of depends on what exactly happens when someone opens up a GW letter.  What I mean is what protocol they follow (if any).  I'm sure this varies greatly by creditor, person, department it's received in, etc.

I sort of think there are 3 different things that can happen when a GW request is denied:

1.  The person opening the letter does nothing and simply throws it out; this is their easiest way of saying "no" without having to invest any time on their part.

2.  The person opening the letter pulls up your account, skims over it and then throws your letter out.  They may or many not take the few minutes to pull up a generic denial letter they have saved on their computer and address it to you.

3.  The person opening the letter pulls up your account, denies your request (may or may not send a denial letter) and makes a notation on your account that you requested GW and were denied it.

The one that worries me most is #3.  Essentially any time #3 happens, esepcially after multiple times, whoever in the future that would have done #2 on the list will then do #3 and over time a compilation of denials will exist on the account essentially making it more and more difficult to achieve an adjustment.

I fear this may be where I've found myself with Wells Fargo.

Message 21 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hit the first kink in the road applying this technique today.

Included in Round 1 to WFDS an Oregon corporate address for "checking & savings accounts" but, as the technique suggests, I sent anyway.

Today, I get a letter back from them saying they've forwarded my letter "to the appropriate area" for review.  Which is probably the same NC address that has already sent me a denial.

Should I delete this address from my attempts at Round 2?

I fear doing more damage if they are all just funnelling back to the same address who upon seeing the flood I sent out blacklists future rounds' attempts.

Message 22 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

I could see arguing both sides of this.  When they say "forwarding" it to the appropriate area, I think it's important to consider what exactly they mean.  Do you think it's easier for them to stuff a new envelope with your letter in it, address it to the right place, pay postage, etc. OR scan/email the letter to the appropriate place?  I happen to think the latter is more likely, and assuming the person that opens the email could be different than the person that opens the snail mail you may have just gotten your letter into a different set of hands.  Even if it WAS sent snail mail, someone else could open it.  What I don't like about this, however, is that you don't know the date that it will be sent and likely received, and regardless chances are that it will only be days behind the first letter that arrived at that address.

Honestly, it's your call if you should use that address again.  I don't really believe it would hurt anything, but I'm not sure it would help either.  50/50.

Message 23 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is an awesome plan! I went from a 780 credit score to now a 600. I got into major credit card debt in 2012. I had over 15 credit cards and couldn't keep up. I ignored all the calls until the point of collections calling me 10x a day. I have two negative account on my credit which are reporting as derogatory. I paid these accounts as a settlement. I did not know the pay for deleting was even a thing. (Young and dumb) I contacted clear point and had most of the 15 cards consolidated. I am happy to say, that everything has been completely paid off. The only bad thing is my score is not jumping any. I am hoping to buy a house but all the charge offs, delinquent accounts I fear will stop me with any luck on a house loan. I am going to try the good will letter since all the accounts are paid. Have you had any success with any other creditors? Any advice or input would greatly be appreciated. Thank you
Message 24 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
This is an awesome plan! I went from a 780 credit score to now a 600. I got into major credit card debt in 2012. I had over 15 credit cards and couldn't keep up. I ignored all the calls until the point of collections calling me 10x a day. I have two negative account on my credit which are reporting as derogatory. I paid these accounts as a settlement. I did not know the pay for deleting was even a thing. (Young and dumb) I contacted clear point and had most of the 15 cards consolidated. I am happy to say, that everything has been completely paid off. The only bad thing is my score is not jumping any. I am hoping to buy a house but all the charge offs, delinquent accounts I fear will stop me with any luck on a house loan. I am going to try the good will letter since all the accounts are paid. Have you had any success with any other creditors? Any advice or input would greatly be appreciated. Thank you

Do you have new positive credit accounts established?

Message 25 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

My last Round of 26 letters that went out to WF yielded 3 responses.  Denials again of course, but none that said what the previous Round denials said along the lines of "if you write us again we won't respond."  And, they still responded; I knew they were bluffing Smiley Happy  I'm just about done with my next Round of 26 as 23 have been sent and I have 1 each to send on Mon/Tue/Wed to complete the Round.

I think for my next Round (about 3-4 weeks away) I will go back and send reply letters to every specific person that sent me a denial.  Letters addressed to them specifically with salutations specifically to them and I'll start by thanking them for taking the time to respond to me in the past and that I look forward to their response again.  I think this way I may at least get some more responses and perhaps solicit some 2-way communication.  I'll have to custom tailor that next Round however to reply to what their denial letter said rather than just send out another generic Round.  I'll ask them kindly to reconsider, perhaps citing that my payment history over the last X months as they can see has continued to be perfect.  We'll see.

Message 26 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are truly persistent. Just out of curiosity how much are you spending on postage total, cumulative ? I admire your ability to remain on task and not give up. I hope you get what you're after.
Message 27 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm at $40-$45 so far with Wells Fargo, about $70 or so total for all of my GW attempts combined across 4 accounts.

IMO, $70 is a small price to pay to have gone from 4 dirty accounts to 2 dirty accounts; call it $35/account at this point. 

Message 28 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed, I was just curious. That definitely is a small price to pay. I admire your tenacity. It reminds me of andy dufresne and his letter writing campaign for the prison library.
Message 29 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.

I also think a lot of it has to do with how far ones baddies are from naturally falling off of their report.  For me, they are only 2-3 years old meaning they have 4-5 years left on there.  Definitely worth the time and effort from my POV to work hard to get them off.  If they were already 5-6 years old I probably wouldn't put in nearly as much effort.

I hope that my continued efforts pay off again on the remaining 2 accounts I have on my profile.  I'm fairly confident in the one as I've already achieved GW from them once, but the other is going to be quite a battle.

Message 30 of 279
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.