cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Saturation Technique: Best GW adjustment odds.

tag
Fleuriste
Regular Contributor

Re: The Saturation Technique: Best GW adjustment odds.

@AutoBot wrote:

I have tried several times to get some lates removed from my Wells Fargo Mortgage tradeline. My summary of that is somewehere around here. Mostly I have tried by email saturation but been unsuccessful. I was working on that between Dec 2015 and Aug 2016. I kind of gave up after that. Since then my WF home mortgage was just paid in full on the 14th of this month after the sale of our home.

Do you have addresses you are willing to share?  I have one 30 day late with WFHM that I'm trying to get removed.  It is time to ramp up my efforts.

Starting FICO 8's (7/2016) EQ 715|| TU 743 || EX 762
Current FICO 8's (10/2022) EQ 838|| TU 828|| EX 826
Goal FICO 8's: 780 across the board - Goal met 9/2018;
Next Goal FICO 8's: 800 across the board - Goal met 10/2022
Message 51 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was going to ask the same if anyone had any e-mail addresses for WF.  I've got a ton of physical addresses, fax lines, etc but e-mail seems to be hard to find.  Probably not ok to post on the board but if anyone that has some could pm me I'd be quite grateful Smiley Happy

Message 52 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AutoBot wrote:

I have tried several times to get some lates removed from my Wells Fargo Mortgage tradeline. My summary of that is somewehere around here. Mostly I have tried by email saturation but been unsuccessful. I was working on that between Dec 2015 and Aug 2016. I kind of gave up after that. Since then my WF home mortgage was just paid in full on the 14th of this month after the sale of our home.

You could still use The Saturation Technique and possibly yield a favorable result within a couple of Rounds.  Even though the mortgage was paid off, it's still going to remain on your credit report for 10 years and whatever baddies you have on the account will be visible to future lenders.  If the baddies are relatively recent (last few years) I'd still work to get them off as you'd get a score increase.  In your letters you could talk about how your previous loan has been PIF, but you're looking into a possible second mortgage through WF and since your experience with them the first time around was so great.  I think you'd find success going down that path.

Message 53 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

WF is trolling me.  I got 6 copies of the same generic denial letter from the same address today.  All sent in different envelopes.  AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

Message 54 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

At least they're still sending you responses.  That's a good sign.  Have you received a response back from WF yet that's said they will no longer respond to the same requests?  I did, and it was my very next Round that yielded a response that they would removed the negative information reported.

Message 55 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I haven't gotten that one, but it's WFDS and I fear most of the ones I send to, say, the student loans or mortgage offices just are forwarded there and that's why I'm getting so many back just from them.  I'll keep my hopes up cause I got nothing better to do until it falls off, and I know they aren't going to make it easy by any means, but c'mon lol

Message 56 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Round 3 out to Synchrony today.  I think my last bout with Synchrony lasted 6 Rounds before I achieved GW success... so perhaps 3 more months (Round/month) and my other Synchrony account will be clean as well Smiley Happy

Message 57 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree 100%.  Customization, be polite and control the conversation (manipulate). 

I would only add to what BrutalBodyShots said by telling you that when I “control the conversation” I always let the other person “think” THEY are in control.

As an example. 

The wrong way-  “I would appreciate it if you would not report the late pays”  (this is basically what 90% of people who want something are saying, it is essentially telling them what you want them to do. Strong personalities do not respond well to this.)

The right way-  “Can you help with something? I would really like to get my new car loan through you. However, I monitor my credit and saw that you are reporting a few late pays.  What can we do to get over that hurdle?”   (In asking this way, you get one of two responses.  If they say they can’t help, then you ask them who can and you work your way up the chain. Eventually you find someone who will tell you the solution.) 

It’s been my experience, people in the reporting departments are not customer service reps, they try hard to avoid contact with customers.  It is their job to report accurately.  It is NOT their job to “help”.  You need to find the people whose job it is to help whom can tell the reporting department what to do (this will NOT be a front line CSR).

This is why the saturation method was so effective for me.  It put me in front of different people than everyone else is talking to.   You don’t want to be directed back to the same people everyone else “asks for a favor”.   Talk in a meaningful way to whom you have contacted (customize), be polite, and manipulate them into helping you.

Again, we all need to thank BrutalBodyShots for this method.  It is brilliant.  It worked for me.  I’m sure it will work for others.

I'm absolutely terrible at negotiating.  Which is probably why I'm asking for as much hand holding as I can get.

Finally have the time to work on the letter again today.  Are you saying I should not come right out and say I want the favor, but leave it to them to "offer" it?  Because I'm pretty sure unless I press it, TL deletion is not something they're going to just offer.  I'm trying to understand how to not be the 90% in your example.  I'm trying to be as explicit and to the point as I can, because if I leave it open I will simply get the "you must contact XYZ address" form letter that I've gotten a few times also.

I've rewritten it to frame it as you suggest, reminding them that I am trying to prove myself a good borrower to them with another car loan (true story actually) but the current reporting would make my interest rate less affordable, and peppered in there at least thrice that I need help getting the bad stuff gone or better yet removed altogether to even make me a candidate for another loan with them.

And do I repeat my sob story in the response letter, or just the gist of it, or any at all?

Message 58 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

What worked for me was to be short in my letter and explain my problem (don't give them your solution) until I found someone who gave me a personal response. 

You have to think these people receive letters every day form people with sad stories whom want “favors”.  And the “favor” is always the same, “please remove info I know is correct” and I bet you are taking responsibility too “I know it was my fault…” 

What sets you apart?  For fast results and in order to get a personal response, you need to be different than all the other letters they are reading.  In fact, I doubt they even read the letters that all look the same.  They skim, enter your info in a rejection “form” letter (the same rejection they send everyone), then send the rejection out to you.

The personal response is what I think you should be looking for.  Break the mold, be yourself and try talking to someone outside the dispute department.  Maybe you want someone who will go to the dispute department as your advocate?  You want someone to help you.  Then you want to lead them to figuring out how to help by explaining your problem. 

If you were drowning, would you be telling someone to speed out in a boat and telling them to give you a life preserver?  Or would you say/ask “help! I’m drowning!” 

Therefore, I am saying DO NOT come out and ask for a “favor” and then DO NOT tell them you want the trade line removed.  Ask for help.  Ask for a different favor.  Maybe the “favor” you want is for someone to give you a phone call and explain “things” to you.  Maybe the “favor” is that someone give you an introduction to the head of the department you need to be talking to.  Maybe you don’t ask for a favor at all, I think someone put the "favor" language in a GW sample letter 7 years ago and I would NEVER use that word on a GW letter EVER again.  90% of people are saying they want a “favor”, be different, be yourself, type a letter like you never read a sample GW letter.  Ask for help, don't tell people the favor you want/need.

The key is to find a “person” not a department.  Then engage that person in a personal way.  Do not accept their form letters as legitimate answers.  If you get a form letter, reply and call them out on it.  Respond by saying you are disappointed to have received a form letter from a company whom you have come to appreciate as so personable.   Ask for a personal review of your relationship.  Ask for a personal evaluation of your future relationship.  And if you are going to use my words you better do it quickly before this post is read and everyone starts doing it.  As soon as anyone starts sounding like everyone else, you will receive the response everyone else receives. 

Message 59 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the tips.  That's extermely helpful.  I'm taking the story and direct request out of my form letter (only putting story in personal responses) and revising from scratch.

Message 60 of 279
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.