cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Saturation Technique: Best GW adjustment odds.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Saturation Technique: Best GW adjustment odds.

I finally got a favorable response regarding my final negative account (a Synchrony account).  In my last Round I changed the tune of my letter from requesting the removal of the negative information (late payments) on the account to removing the ENTIRE trade line instead.  I thought this may be easier on their part.  The response I got back was that they would remove it and have submitted a request to do so.

Unfortunately, they removed the wrong account.  I have multiple accounts with Synchrony and they didn't remove the negative one.  I sent them back another letter last week thanking them for agreeing to remove account ending in XXXX from my credit reports, but unfortunately account ending in YYYY was removed instead.  I enclosed a copy of my original letter requesting the adjustment (referencing account ending in XXXX) as well as their response letter which granted my request.  Hopefully what I provided will be enough to get them to submit a request for the removal of the bad account.  It would also be nice if they gave me back the positive account, but honestly I don't care so long as they get rid of the bad one Smiley Wink

I'll be sure to keep everyone updated.  Assuming this mixup is rectified, my run with the Saturation Technique is finally coming to a close at just about the 1 year mark!

Message 81 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to all of the helpful information that has been posted in this thread, I am starting my own goodwill campaign.  I do have a question though.  I am attempting a goodwill removal from PRA and I was able to locate the Chairman and CEO's email.  I want to e-mail him but I want to employ the saturation technique as well.  Should I email him Monday and send letters Monday as well?  Or should I e-mail him and wait for a response and start "saturating" next week?

Message 82 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks to all of the helpful information that has been posted in this thread, I am starting my own goodwill campaign.  I do have a question though.  I am attempting a goodwill removal from PRA and I was able to locate the Chairman and CEO's email.  I want to e-mail him but I want to employ the saturation technique as well.  Should I email him Monday and send letters Monday as well?  Or should I e-mail him and wait for a response and start "saturating" next week?

Great question and welcome to the Saturation Technique.  I'm confident that you'll get what you desire using this method.

Emails and snail mail letters are completely independent forms of contact; Each has no bearing at all on the other.  Remember that the purpose of the Saturation Technique is to get your letter into different sets of hands.  If you send an email and a letter out they:

1 - Won't be received at the same time, and

2 - Won't be received by the same person (unlikely, anyway)

Using emails are fine for this technique, but you'd want to obtain as many unique email addresses as possible.  When I was deaing with Wells Fargo for example, I found 9 or 10 different email addresses to WF "higher ups" and would email all of them.  FWIW, those emails didn't yield me any sort of favorable response where the snail mail letters over time eventually did.  Certainly this may vary from lender to lender, where email could be "better" than snail mail depending who you're dealing with.

So the short answer to your questions is yes, go ahead and send your snail mail letters and emails on Monday without hesitation Smiley Happy 

Message 83 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Brutal!  I found 3 e-mails but it looks like 2 of them are no longer listed on the business's website, making me wonder if they're still with the company or not.  I'm still looking for more though!

I'm looking forward to finding out how your mix up is resolved.  Don't leave us hanging on that one Smiley Happy 

Message 84 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

So an update on my GW campaign.

Amsher Collection Services- DELETED

Fox Collection Services- DELETED

PRA- the jerks that they are updated the tradeline to disputed rather than even reading the letter that was written.

Those are the only 3 I've sent GW letters to but that's a 66% success rate on just the 1st round.  Thanks again!

Message 85 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, 2 for 3 on Round 1 is highly impressive!  You must have written some golden letters.  Nice work!

Out of curiosity, how many letters do you send out for each creditor in Round 1?

For the remaining creditor, unfortunately having them put a dispute comment on your account is pretty typical.  In Round 2 simply add to your GW letter that you are not disputing anything and would like the dispute tag removed; you are simply requesting a GW adjustment.

Message 86 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amsher only got 1 while Fox got 2 (these are extremely small agencies lol) and PRA got 6.  I've now e-mailed PRA at 2 addresses asking that the dispute remark be removed.  I'll definitely be adding the fact that I'm not disputing the account in future letters to them.

Message 87 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is them marking it disputed a bad thing?
Message 88 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Is them marking it disputed a bad thing?

Not necessarily.  A potential lender that sees such a comment could possibly ask you about it in the event of an application.  In terms of scoring it doesn't matter.  I think it just servers as a conversation starter... "is there a reason why you are disputing information on your ____________ account?"  Since with GW adjustments are are not disputing anything, I find it annoying that these dispute notations are often placed on accounts.  In all of our GW letters we basically acknowledge that the reported information IS correct, that we're simply asking for a GW adjustment so it's irritating when creditors spin this into a "dispute" comment.  They will remove it if you ask, though... but keep in mind that the comment can come back quickly when your next Round hits.

Message 89 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well PRA marking it as a disputed tradeline actually worked in my favor and I need to share because my husband just doesn't get it lol.  

I contacted them via chat yesterday about it and the lady told me to send her a copy of the report that showed the disputed comment.  She also gave a full paragraph on why PRA doesn't do goodwill deletions, blah, blah, blah.  She said that she would see whether or not they could remove the comment which irked me and I got smart and told her I would certainly hope so consdering they're the ones that put it on there when I wasn't even disputing it.  So I emailed a screenshot of the tradeline from my 3B report to the address she gave me.  Got a reply today that they have closed the account (it was already paid), requested deletion from the CRAs, and will stop all communication regarding this account after sending a letter confirming their response.  I am soooooo excited.  I know it's extremely difficult to get them to delete if at all so I feel super accomplished lol

Message 90 of 279
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.