cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Saturation Technique: Best GW adjustment odds.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Saturation Technique: Best GW adjustment odds.

BUMP
Message 91 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

A quick update on my Saturation Technique results.

As of yesterday 3/31/17, I am completely clean on EQ due 100% to my GW letter campaign using the Saturation Technique.  It took me 14 months, but I was able to go from a 619 score with 22 late payments scattered across 4 different accounts to clean with an 841 score (EQ FICO 08). 

I still have 1 remaining baddie on EX and TU, but am confident by the end of my most recent Round that at least one of those 2 will be clean as well (although both would be better) and then perhaps after 1 final Round I'll be clean across all 3 bureaus.  That's the goal anyway!  Keep hammering away using this technique everyone and I'm very confident that in time you'll see the result that you're looking for.

Message 92 of 279
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Congratulations BrutalBodyShots!!! I just start this technique but I have not had any success so far.  I understand that it takes time and patience and so I am trying to stay motivated.  Your post provided much needed motivation.

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 93 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great job!! I can just imagine the relief you've felt! Congrats!

Message 94 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  To think when I went for a car loan not too long ago before my rebuild I was told that there was a chance I wouldn't be able to get it because my score wasn't good enough.  It's all about chipping away at it and not giving up hope.  Eventually you will get there.

Message 95 of 279
sjt
Senior Contributor

Thanks for sharing your techniques with all of us.

You mentioned in your posts you kept the letter concise and to the point. Can you tell us what your mentioned in your letters.

Thanks!

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 96 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

A quick update on my Saturation Technique results.

As of yesterday 3/31/17, I am completely clean on EQ due 100% to my GW letter campaign using the Saturation Technique.  It took me 14 months, but I was able to go from a 619 score with 22 late payments scattered across 4 different accounts to clean with an 841 score (EQ FICO 08). 

I still have 1 remaining baddie on EX and TU, but am confident by the end of my most recent Round that at least one of those 2 will be clean as well (although both would be better) and then perhaps after 1 final Round I'll be clean across all 3 bureaus.  That's the goal anyway!  Keep hammering away using this technique everyone and I'm very confident that in time you'll see the result that you're looking for.

That is fantastic Brutal!!!  Way to stick with it and give hope to so many others out here doing the GW campaign!!  14 months and going up 222 points isn't too shabby LOL

Message 97 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:

Thanks for sharing your techniques with all of us.

You mentioned in your posts you kept the letter concise and to the point. Can you tell us what your mentioned in your letters.

Thanks!

My letters evolved quite a bit over the course of 14 months.  If you read one of my Round 1 letters and compared it to Round 6 then Round 13 you would have no idea that I was the author of all 3 without knowing it.  I tried many different approaches over the months.  The general theme though was telling them how stellar my credit profile was outside of the negative information I was writing about and how my payment history with their company had otherwise been excellent.  I went on in almost all of the letters to talk about how I wanted to pursue additional lines of credit with their company but didn't feel confident in applying due to fear of being rejected because of the negative information on this previous account.  I would say that upon removal of the negative information I would immediately apply for Product B and Product C which would benefit me greatly but also them as I'd continue being a great customer for a long time as a result.  I did try a few sob stories mixed in as well to try and tug at some heart-strings of whoever was reading it.  I'm not sure how those results were to be honest.  When you're sending out so many Rounds it's quite difficult to tell which one exactly yielded the favorable result.

Message 98 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 99 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your feedback!

Many have reported success with the phone.  The problem I've seen some run into, though, is that if you get a "Yes" over the phone you don't have a written record of that conversation.  I'm sure the majority of the time the creditor will "make good" on their promise and initiate the GW adjustment, but if not you really have no recourse.  At least with a favorable result in writing, you can further pursue the issue to get the negative information removed.  Also, in the event that the information doesn't get removed still for some reason, with the adjustment approval letter in hand a lender will take that into consideration in the event you are applying for a auto loan, mortgage, etc.

I've received multiple adjustment letters from one of my creditors, yet the negative information still remains on one bureau with one of my baddies.  Since I have those letters in hand, I've been able to deal directly with the CRA (by providing those letters) as well as filing complaints against the CRA with the BBB and CFPB.  Without written documentation, none of that would be possible though.  Just providing a reason as to why good old fashioned letters IMO are still the "best" way to go, even if favorable results are possible via different means.

I would strongly suggest that anyone that achieves a positive GW adjustment response over the phone immediately request that whoever is giving you the adjustment send you a letter confirming the adjustment that was just agreed to over the phone just so that you "have a copy for your records."

Message 100 of 279
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.