cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Saturation Technique: Best GW adjustment odds.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Saturation Technique: Best GW adjustment odds.

Been on the GW train with cap 1 too, sent them multiple emails to the CEO/ unders multiple times and finally got through to someone in the EO office names Dominique.

She was a pain in the butt to get ahold off and playing phone tag with was getting annoying.  I explained to her that per my emails I am currently trying to get this recent(2 years) baddie off my report so I can attempt to buy a house with my s/o and a new car(through their preapproved auto financing invitation).

Essentially got told that they wont change anything and only reported that the dispute is accuratley reporting and left unchanged.

Message 231 of 279
rbentley
Established Contributor

My GW campaign with cap one also ended up with Dominique in the EO office. I was unsuccessful for the same reasons you were. She was quite clear that the EO treats GW request as disputes and only looks to validate the debt. They no longer grant Goodwill deletions of otherwise valid debts.

I don't say this to discourage anyone else from trying with them. I only offer what my experience was. As always, your mileage may vary.
Message 232 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

I expressed to the EO that I was looking for my lates to be be forgiven, not that I was disputing them. She said she understood it was a good request and that was okay, even asked what had happened at the time. I've seen a few people recently who got theirs removed so I was hopeful.
I personally think they just sit on it a few day to tell you in the end that their hands are tied. Then put a dispute code on your account so you'll be chasing your tail trying to get it off.
Capital One is a great starter or rebuilder card but everything about their customer service is so impersonal that I've basically decided it's a waste of time to try to get anything removed with them.
I wish someone else better luck that i had.
Message 233 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

I figure I'll try again. Got 1 baddie falling off this year which im trying to get off with EE so I figured I'd try and go 2 for 2
Message 234 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have any success just diputing the lates directly with the CA's? I know some dont even bother to verifiy back with them.

Message 235 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

sausa,
I've reported genuine inaccuracies that ended up cause the lates not to be verified. What I believe is not allowed is disputing accurate lates just because you're hoping they will get erased.
Message 236 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rbentley wrote:
She was quite clear that the EO treats GW request as disputes and only looks to validate the debt. They no longer grant Goodwill deletions of otherwise valid debts.

Definitely a YMMV thing here, as multiple members recently have reported success with Capital One GW adjustments.

Message 237 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an FYI here to follow up on this thread.  I'd like everyone to know that the purpose of this technique is very simply a "strength in numbers" type of approach and the success comes from getting your GW letters into as many hands as possible.  I've been getting a lot of PMs lately from people asking me for a copy of my GW letter(s), which completely goes against the point of this thread.  It wasn't my GW letters that were the main source of success, it was simply cranking out a ton of them.  This thread isn't about the construction of GW letters; there are plenty of threads out there that handle that topic.  This thread already assumes you've put together an acceptable GW letter and is only about getting it out there in magnified proportions.  This is one of the rare times where I believe quantity overshadows quality.  Give me a decent GW letter dropped into the hands of 50 people over an award-winning masterfully written GW letter delivered into the hands of 1 person any day.

Message 238 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any recent reports of luck with Capital One?

My situation:

I had an account go to charge off status in early 2015.  It was paid in full last June (2018) to their collection agency (who wasn't reporting the debt).  Capital One didn't report it as paid until September of 2018.  Does this give me any grounds to dispute it?  Even re-aging it to the proper payment date would be nice.  Other than my BK, which will start falling off in November under early exclusions, this is the last stain on my credit reports.  I did several rounds of GW letters last fall with no luck.  Is it worth to even try again?  The thought of this staying on my reports until 2025 is very disheartening.  I started rebuilding in Jan of 2017, and now have about $50,000 in open credit lines with 100% payment history, a decent car loan, and student loans in good order.  However, this last C1 account is keeping my scores sub 700.  I know over time the impact of it will decrease, but I'd so love to have a clean report.  Plus, looking at buying an investment property and the standards for those mortgages are steeper than primary homes.  Any help, expecially related to your experiences with this is appreciated!

Message 239 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since something on your report is inaccurate, imo your best plan is to get it corrected with a dispute to the CRA or directly to the EO. I've had zero luck with asking for a goodwill adjustment for lates. The executive office just pretends to consider it then comes to the conclusion that it's an accurate debt. Then they leave a dispute notation on your report that you have to call each CB for if you want it to be removed.
I would only contact them if there was an error on my report, otherwise it seems a waste of time. YMMV.
Message 240 of 279
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.