cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Saturation Technique: Best GW adjustment odds.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Saturation Technique: Best GW adjustment odds.

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm so happy I found this thread.  I have a PIF charge off from Kia Motors Finance. I'm willing to send as many letters as possible to get it removed.  Just wondering if anyone has had any success with KMF? It is the only negative on my credit, and since the CO is PIF as of 2/2019, and every payment for 2.5 years prior(early lease term) was paid on time, I was hoping they would remove it. I sent one letter to "customer service" back in January and rec'd a denial.  Any tips specific to KMF?  Thanks so much!

Jess 

Any updates on this above?  Or, any updates from anyone else earlier in the thread that's found Saturation Technique success?

Message 271 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't have any luck but I also did not stay persistent so its not to say the method failed.

Message 272 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there! Would you mind sharing the way you wrote these letters ? Just starting this process and not sure whether to put in a bunch of bad stuff that happened this year or just keep it short and sweet and polite.

Message 273 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best GW adjustment odds; "The Saturation Technique."

Greetings,

My first post here! I've had a chance to learn plenty, just scrolling through the forums checking different topics. My question is for the GW letters should I send to corporate offices or the local office? Reason for this question I have a bad car loan I was cornered into getting with CNAC (JD Byrider) horrible deal at a buy here pay here. My local off are not well known for the best customer service, I'm wondering would I have luck sending it out to other locations? Rather than the local one near me.

Message 274 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi there! Would you mind sharing the way you wrote these letters ? Just starting this process and not sure whether to put in a bunch of bad stuff that happened this year or just keep it short and sweet and polite.

Short, sweet and polite is usually sufficient.  If you want to write a sentence or two about why you messed up you can, but limit it to no more than that.  More important, focus on why it won't ever happen again and if you can find a reason (incentive) for them to do the GW removal, definitely include that.  For example, you're considering another application for one of their products (loan, credit card, whatever) and if they were to do the GW adjustment for you first you'd feel much more confident in your app.  There are quite a few threads on the forum with GW letter writing tips, but those are the basics that I'd suggest.

Message 275 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Greetings,

My first post here! I've had a chance to learn plenty, just scrolling through the forums checking different topics. My question is for the GW letters should I send to corporate offices or the local office? Reason for this question I have a bad car loan I was cornered into getting with CNAC (JD Byrider) horrible deal at a buy here pay here. My local off are not well known for the best customer service, I'm wondering would I have luck sending it out to other locations? Rather than the local one near me.

Welcome to the forum! 

The answer to your question is simple... Both/all/as many as possible.  If you read the first post of this thread you know the overall theme of the Saturation Technique is to get your letter(s) into as many unique hands as possible.  The more addresses the better, so if that means some local and some far away that's just fine.  The greater the number, the better your odds.

Message 276 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your feedback.

Message 277 of 279
stellarrr
Established Member

I just found this thread. I'm giving it a try. We're planning to buy a house this year and this is the only negative remark I have 😪 I'm hoping it works out. Thanks for the info!

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: As of 6/30/23: 730

Goal Score: 750

Amex Gold / Target $2k / Capital One QS $6.4k / Capital One Platinum $2k / Kohls $3k / Citi Rewards $8.4k / Amex Hilton Honors $1k / Best Buy Citi $4k
Homeowner since 2022 / Mortgage APR 3.615%
Message 278 of 279
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Edited to remove a lot of superfluous detail. I am helping an elderly relative try to get an accurate late payment with a really good explanation (death of wife) removed via GWL. My question is, is it normal for it to show as a dispute, when he didn't actually dispute anything in his GWL? That comment appeared on Equifax today after he sent letters to Sync last week. Is that just part of the process for how Sync removes it, or are they literally treating it as a dispute?

I helped him write the letter, and they were sent to Sync and a couple to BP (it is a BP Sync card), not to Equifax. The letter did not dispute anything, it just explained why it happened and asked if they would remove it out of kindness.

It would be very annoying if he sent Sync a GWL and they create an Equifax dispute for him and then fight the dispute ...

Thanks!

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 279 of 279
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.