cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Saturation Technique: Best GW adjustment odds.

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: The Saturation Technique: Best GW adjustment odds.

Do these techniques work just for lates or can they work for paid charge offs as well.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 101 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:

Do these techniques work just for Kate's or can they work for paid charge offs as well.

I don't see why it wouldn't work for other forms of delinquencies/derogs.  I've only used it for late payments, but the same principle applies any time you're looking for a GW adjustment... lots of denials come so the more hands you can get your request into, the more chances you have of getting a response other than a denial.

Message 102 of 279
sjt
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

Another question, lets say you did a round of letters to Creditor A and got nowhere. How long do you wait before you attempt another round to Creditor A?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 103 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my original post I recommend approximately 1 month.  Any time I've sent a Round out, I've either seen a favorable result within 2-3 weeks (4 the absolute max) or I get all of my denial letters back within that same time period.  Basically I suggest giving every Round 1 month to do its thing.  Once that month is up, on to firing off Round 2.

Message 104 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Went from dirty to clean on EX this morning with the removal of my final 90 day late... score went +71 from 751 to 822. 

2 bureaus down, 1 bureau to go!

Message 105 of 279
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Hey great tread BBS I have an issue I am dealing with currently , well last year while thick into my rebuild I sent out a GW/ PFD letter , I only sent out one letter to the CEO of company bc my sis had just used his address and have a very positive outcome . This company will not delete or make any PFD agreements when calling the main 800 numbers , I had tried . Anyways I sent my letter out explaining my situation and asking if I could offer payment to have his deleted (I sent the letter back in Aug last year) and I got a response in less than a week 5 days I believe is when the CEO's secretary called me back and said that her boss had infant gotten my letter and agreed to my request, she went on to give me a number to call to make my payment and my account number , then she said once I make the payment to call her back
And she would send the request to the CB to have it deleted . Well she also told me she was heading on vacation that make them week for two weeks she would be gone , so I told her I would need a few weeks anyway bf I could make the payment on full and she said it was fine . Anyways when I got around to making the payment I called her number back and got Vm and left her a message, she did call me back but she acted like she didn't remember who I was or even talking to me . She told me she would call me back this was in late Sept and I have called her several times and left several messages but she never responded. I have not made the payment bc I can't get in contact with her to assure me that my agreement will be met . I'm at a loss , what do I do now ? It is literally the last thing on keeping my reports clean . It's only on my Eq but my Eq score is behind by 40 pts or so and it is keeping me from moving forward with CLI and such . So should I write another letter to the same CEO and explain what has happened or keep calling her ? I know it is still her number I get her personal VM everytime ? Thanks
Message 106 of 279
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

And Congrats on the success you have had !!
Message 107 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the congrats.  Hopefully my success using this technique will continue to inspire others to either try it or stick with it!

As for your situation, if whoever you spoke to is no longer returning your voice mails I would go ahead and start over with a letter to the CEO again.  This may prompt a response from her or from someone new.  Explain the verbal agreement that was worked out last time and try to get them to verbally agree to the same thing again this time.  Once you have a verbal agreement, ask if they'd mind sending you an email or snail mail letter stating the terms of what was just agreed upon.  Let them know the day you receive that letter or email that you'll go ahead and PIF promptly.  At that point if you have written documentation you have recourse in the event that they don't remove the baddie. 

If you do try this one or two more times and don't get a response, all you can really do at that point is either forget about it OR go ahead and pay it anyway, then write a letter saying you paid and that you'd like the account updated as verbally agreed.  At that point they may go ahead and do it.  If not, you could file a BBB or CFPB dispute, but it would be going off of an oral agreement which doesn't hold much water.  The dispute could however give them an incentive to make the adjustment, but I'd try to resolve this without going down that route if possible.  Good luck!

Message 108 of 279
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the advice I will go ahead and start over with a new letter , I will attach a copy of old letter in there also to help maybe jog his memory invade he has forgotten since it has been awhile . Thank you agai
Message 109 of 279
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Wow at the typos lol sorry I meant to say thank you again and I would attach he first letter to job his memory maybe
Message 110 of 279
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.