cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Saturation Technique: Best GW adjustment odds.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Saturation Technique: Best GW adjustment odds.

Hi gang! Newbie here. I've read through this entire thread and, just wow. I'm really impressed with the success a lot of you have had. I have a few accounts with some 30 day lates that I'd like to have removed. Overall, my scores are decent but not where I'd like them to be. I also like the idea of having a perfectly spotless record. With that in mind, I'm putting together my GW letters and was thinking about how to ways to make them stand out, a la @Anonymous's sage wisdom. So, here's my question:

What do you all think about attempting to open the dialog with the OC by attempting to verify the late status of the payments in question?

My thought process is, I can ask them to verify that the status reported is correct and follow up with whoever responds regarding the GW request (assuming I get a response from an individual, of course). That way, it's potentially another address to add to my list and possibly the start of a "relationship" with someone at the OC. It also helps with a couple of the accounts that they're closed and therefore I can't access the old statements to verify on my own.

Is that reasonable?

TIA

Message 261 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Brutal, thank you for your persistence with this post.  What is your strategy when you have one tradeline with multiple lates?  Are you requesting all lates removed in general or targeting specific lates on each request?

Message 262 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Again, I would like to extend my previous question that was addressed to @Anonymous also to anyone who has had success with the saturation method.  I am sending letters today to GMFS about a mortgage that was closed in 2018.  I have 8-30, 1-60, 1-90.

Message 263 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

When writing a GW letter and referencing the account, do you include the entire account number or just the last four digits?

Message 264 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, when sending GW by email what is the suggested Subject Line title? 

Message 265 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

I listed my full account number in the body.  For the subject line I used something like "Chase/Amazon account (last 4) 2216".  Dont overthink it.  I have blasted out emails and gotten responses from all companies (5 or 6).  Not much luck for me so far with deletions, I am actively working on it.  It seems if there are extenuating circumstances on their side it will really help.  Good luck

Message 266 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi gang! Newbie here. I've read through this entire thread and, just wow. I'm really impressed with the success a lot of you have had. I have a few accounts with some 30 day lates that I'd like to have removed. Overall, my scores are decent but not where I'd like them to be. I also like the idea of having a perfectly spotless record. With that in mind, I'm putting together my GW letters and was thinking about how to ways to make them stand out, a la @Anonymous's sage wisdom. So, here's my question:

What do you all think about attempting to open the dialog with the OC by attempting to verify the late status of the payments in question?

My thought process is, I can ask them to verify that the status reported is correct and follow up with whoever responds regarding the GW request (assuming I get a response from an individual, of course). That way, it's potentially another address to add to my list and possibly the start of a "relationship" with someone at the OC. It also helps with a couple of the accounts that they're closed and therefore I can't access the old statements to verify on my own.

Is that reasonable?

TIA

I personally wouldn't ask for verification of the reporting, assuming you know it is correct.  That's more or less questioning the reporting and/or saying that you believe it's inaccurate, which goes against the basis of what a GW letter is (recognizing you were wrong and apologizing).  While it would indeed start a "relationship" with whoever your contact ends up being, I don't think it's starting it out on the right foot personally.

Message 267 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Brutal, thank you for your persistence with this post.  What is your strategy when you have one tradeline with multiple lates?  Are you requesting all lates removed in general or targeting specific lates on each request?

I had a tradeline with multiple (I believe 7) lates with a 90D being the worst severity.  My suggestion would be to target the worst severity late first, for a couple of reasons.  First, if successful, it makes the dirty account "less" dirty the quickest, which could improve your scores.  Second and most important when it comes to GW, it makes getting future GW adjustments easier IMO.  The next time you request a GW adjustment on that account when your report is pulled they won't see the worst infraction, so it's simply a better look.  Also keep in mind that if you have other dirty account with which you're seeking GW, they can see all of your accounts with a pull of your report... so seeing less severe negatives makes your [remaining] infractions more forgivable.   

Message 268 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When writing a GW letter and referencing the account, do you include the entire account number or just the last four digits?

I've always given the full number personally, but the last 4 digits would also be perfectly acceptable once they see your other information (name, address, etc).

Message 269 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm so happy I found this thread.  I have a PIF charge off from Kia Motors Finance. I'm willing to send as many letters as possible to get it removed.  Just wondering if anyone has had any success with KMF? It is the only negative on my credit, and since the CO is PIF as of 2/2019, and every payment for 2.5 years prior(early lease term) was paid on time, I was hoping they would remove it. I sent one letter to "customer service" back in January and rec'd a denial.  Any tips specific to KMF?  Thanks so much!

Jess 

Message 270 of 279
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.