cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Saturation Technique: Best GW adjustment odds.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Saturation Technique: Best GW adjustment odds.

CaptianJohn,

Very good post above and excellent advice that many will learn from today and in the future.  Nice work.

Message 61 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

CaptianJohn - Would you mind PM'ing me an example of the short letter you mailed out that had such success?  I have tried both short and long letters, but never had much success.  I am considering sending a new round for a couple baddies based on the advise in this thread.  Its been about a year since I last tried.

Also - if anyone has gotten Portfolio Recovery (PRA) to GW their paid accounts - I'd absolutely LOVE to hear how you did it!!!  I have all but given up on them!

Message 62 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Slyvixen508 

YGM Smiley Happy

I just want to irradiate, please customize.  My letter worked for my situation.  

Also, One letter is not going to convince anyone to GW a baddie away.

Your letters should be designed to start a dialog that you can control. My letters got me in the door, they got me a response from someone I could talk too.  Once I had their names, then I needed to continue to work with whomever it was.   

For Citi, my first round of fishing (six letters) snagged the names of 4 people.   I sent out round two, (ten letters) six to the original round one, and four to the respondents of round one.  Although my letters were all written with a similar theme, I customized each of the letters whom I had names for.   I checked the people out on LinkedIn, I gather as much as I could about their job title and I customized based on what I thought this person might be like.  

I did the same thing for PSCU, It worked for me.  Saturate and customize. 

Message 63 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Again, great ideas above.

I received a second GW approval letter from WF yesterday, about 3 weeks after the initial one.  I have not seen the perfect payment history (as indicated would be the case in the response letters I got) reflected yet across all 3B, but it could take 1-2 months.  It was reassuring, however, to receive a second favorable response from a different person to go along with my first though.

Message 64 of 279
Fleuriste
Regular Contributor

I'm starting round one with WF today.  Wish me luck!

ETA:  I already got an email response from one of the executives, forwarding my email to other executives (one of whom I did not know, the other with an email address I had not successfully guessed yet.

Starting FICO 8's (7/2016) EQ 715|| TU 743 || EX 762
Current FICO 8's (10/2022) EQ 838|| TU 828|| EX 826
Goal FICO 8's: 780 across the board - Goal met 9/2018;
Next Goal FICO 8's: 800 across the board - Goal met 10/2022
Message 65 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!  I'm confident that if you keep at it you'll achieve a favorable result.  What types of baddies are you looking to get removed?

Message 66 of 279
Fleuriste
Regular Contributor

It is a 30 day mortgage late from Jan 2016 on my husband's vacation property that I am a consigned. Long story short: he pays this from his separate account and his bills are sent to his office. He paid but got a NSF because of a check he was told wouldn't be cashed was. I didn't know about any of this until it hit my credit. But I've been with WF on another property for 19 years and have a spotless payment history on that. I hope it is worth something. We'll see.
Message 67 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd be probably 80% confident in the removal of that 30 day late.  Your positive long history with WF IMO will be what gets it done for you.

Message 68 of 279
Fleuriste
Regular Contributor

They seem very responsive to my need to refi a jumbo loan that is not currently with them.
Message 69 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sent off my 2nd GW letter today to remove a single 30 day late I have on a 2 year otherwise perfect payment history with a closed/paid off secured credit card with Progressive.

Fingers crossed that this 'saturation' technique will work in my favor!

Message 70 of 279
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.