Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Thrill of score increasing ...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Thrill of score increasing ...

More than the thrill I get when approved for a card... I’m loving this feeling when I get an update notification from the FICO app that my score has gone up. This month is my first month subscribed for monthly monitoring and it’s been sooo exciting- today I got an update saying experian when up 8 points. That makes me want to budget more to pay off more bills- I don’t feel the need to spend money on frivolous things like nails hair and social outings. Really I just want to save and attack my debt. I guess I’ll treat myself when I get up to 700 or higher

I am on a mission
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
egghead88
Regular Contributor

Re: The Thrill of score increasing ...

Absolutely!! I was in the mid 400s across the board in late 2016... The journey has been slow and steady! Today, my Equifax score jumped 34 points due to a student loan being PIF and a collection- Diversified Consultants being deleted. I’m stoked!!
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish my husband felt that way lol. I have got his score up a lot and I keep reminding him we need to curve spending and keep it simple and to needs. He just thinks money grows in trees and his new found credit increases and invisible. I'm about to let two credit cards report 85% uti to get my point across to him. I'm gunna watch his face go white when his score drops. Maybe after that he will share your thought process. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I wish my husband felt that way lol. I have got his score up a lot and I keep reminding him we need to curve spending and keep it simple and to needs. He just thinks money grows in trees and his new found credit increases and invisible. I'm about to let two credit cards report 85% uti to get my point across to him. I'm gunna watch his face go white when his score drops. Maybe after that he will share your thought process. Smiley Happy

OH MY GOSH.  I am only working on my own credit right now. I see how much hard work it is to get these accounts better. I am writing letters, paying off old debt, curving my spending. its all a sacrifice.  I am supposed to be working on my husband's credit next after I get mine above 700 and I dread it because I know he will act like your husband and not realized or appreciate my effort. I am almost tempted to let his credit stay bad because I don't want to have to curse him out for being so nonchalant and spending too much. LOL I pray I come up with a bit more patience when that time comes. for now I am excited for me.  

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

OH MY GOSH.  I am only working on my own credit right now. I see how much hard work it is to get these accounts better. I am writing letters, paying off old debt, curving my spending. its all a sacrifice.  I am supposed to be working on my husband's credit next after I get mine above 700 and I dread it because I know he will act like your husband and not realized or appreciate my effort. I am almost tempted to let his credit stay bad because I don't want to have to curse him out for being so nonchalant and spending too much. LOL I pray I come up with a bit more patience when that time comes. for now I am excited for me.  

Yes, the struggle is real dealing with him lol. My siggy has our updates each month. As you can see I have worked my arse off on his credit to geet it up doing all the same things you are and I am also working mine at the same time. Needless to say I have put in countless hours and financial management and budgeting and he asks me about buying stuff ALL THE TIME. I keep my spending to needs and bills only and am constantly deflecting requests for buying things that are wants. We are trying to get approved in August to buy a house and its like dealing with a child " remember we are trying to buy a house. you cant have it all right now" grr. Good luck with your hubs when the time comes. Keep on going for you. You are rocking it!

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are looking to buy a house soon too ! Good luck on your journey . I may need to follow you for husband credit motivation. My husband overspends with bad credit so getting him to break bad habits with good credit is going to be tough .
Message 6 of 23
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Wishing you good luck! I started my rebuild back in February and I know the feeling!! I wake up each morning, excited to check my scores and my entire day is made when I receive notifications regarding score increases. I, too, have completely changed how I approach finances - cutting back on spending so much and budgeting for 12-24 months from now to ensure all goes well. Our significant others will eventually get on board, LOL!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 7 of 23
moosemoney
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, the struggle is real dealing with him lol. My siggy has our updates each month. As you can see I have worked my arse off on his credit to geet it up doing all the same things you are and I am also working mine at the same time. Needless to say I have put in countless hours and financial management and budgeting and he asks me about buying stuff ALL THE TIME. I keep my spending to needs and bills only and am constantly deflecting requests for buying things that are wants. We are trying to get approved in August to buy a house and its like dealing with a child " remember we are trying to buy a house. you cant have it all right now" grr. Good luck with your hubs when the time comes. Keep on going for you. You are rocking it!

Are you guys me? My husband is THE EXACT SAME WAY Smiley Very Happy

So frustrating when he's trying to spend every dollar I have saved. Like, no bub. That's SUPPOSED to be sitting in the bank. We might need that soon (in fact the dog just chewed our oldest's retainer so there goes $400 to get replacements Smiley Mad )

I'm not even considering messing with his credit because he's so irresponsible it will be a futile effort. I'm putting in enough work trying to fix my past mistakes, I don't have the energy to do his too when I know he will destroy it the first chance he gets anyways.... There's a reason I've kept all our finances separate, and I will keep it that way! lol

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@moosemoney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So frustrating when he's trying to spend every dollar I have saved. Like, no bub. That's SUPPOSED to be sitting in the bank. We might need that soon (in fact the dog just chewed our oldest's retainer so there goes $400 to get replacements Smiley Mad )

I'm not even considering messing with his credit because he's so irresponsible it will be a futile effort. I'm putting in enough work trying to fix my past mistakes, I don't have the energy to do his too when I know he will destroy it the first chance he gets anyways.... There's a reason I've kept all our finances separate, and I will keep it that way! lol

Lol. If it weren't for us buying a house and needing both of our scores up because 1. My sole income isn't enough to get approved and 2. I live in a state where they require you to include spousal credit I wouldn't bother with his either. I don't keep our finances separate but I am solely in control of them since he turned it over to me after he realized how bad his spending is....only problem is now he has access to our account so he keeps pulling money left and right. I'm gunna steal his Cards in his sleep and replace them with cash. 

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@moosemoney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@moosemoney - Your siggy is sooo inspiring. I am hoping i have that much progress in months to come good job. YOUR HUSBAND better give credit where credit is due.  and amen... I am not rushing to fix my husband's credit AT ALL 

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.