Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The calm AFTER the storm...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The calm AFTER the storm...

Well, in the next 2 weeks I'll have my last debt paid (except for some derogs that fall off in the next 90 days), then it's garden time after picking up a 3rd card. I'm not looking for an att-a-boy, but asking if anyone else ever encountered this...

No more 70 hour work weeks. No more side gigs. No more waking up early researching CAs and PFD likelihoods. Simply put...there's noone left to fight.

Maybe I just have too much military left in me, but it feels like military retirement..."good game, now go sit down".

Anyway, just reaching out to see if anyone else encountered this. Seems strange, wouldn't most people be throwing a party when the time came? 

Maybe it was the journey, not the destination, for me. I'm a bit off like that.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
TheKid2
Frequent Contributor

Re: The calm AFTER the storm...

atta - boy! Couldn't resist. You should be proud of yourself and savor it at least a little. I don't think there ever is a destination with credit - less like retiring and more like being on call. Managing finances is challenging - it's been for me in the past and I want to keep getting better. Good luck to you.

JOINED 4/2020

FICO 8 = 582, 620, 589 / Mortgage = 633, 526, 581

CURRENT PEAK *Thanks to the MF Community!

FICO 8 = 715, 711, 720 / Mortgage = 688, 696, 681

Message 2 of 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous  Congratulations on your success! Your next journey may be in building your scores, obtaining credit cards, increasing total credit limits, etc? Whatever they may be, it will be a new goal that is in your future that will keep your juices flowing.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the kind words, fellas. I very much appreciate it. It was just an odd epiphany of "well **bleep**, who am I going to argue FCRA 623 and the FDCPA now?".

Oh well, guess I'll go back to picking fights with the wife while I garden...

Message 4 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats. Almost like us BK'ers. Phone quit ringing. Didnt have to hit report spam on my phone any more. No more wage garnishment letters. Best part. No more stress and slept a lot better. When the IRS comes calling. No worse feeling than that. Now the past is off my reports. Nothing but good stuff remains. I'll have a brewski for ya!!!!!!!!!! New life 2.0 now.

Message 5 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats to all your success, enjoy the fruits of it Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
JeffMO
Regular Contributor

I hope you enjoy the calm after the storm! And thank you for your service to our country 🙇‍♂️ 

Capital one 500, Discover 11.1k. UMB Signature visa 18.5k, DW UMB card Auth user 16K. Citi Costco anywhere 26.6k, Amazon Prime 22.3K
BH/Comenity Photo 10k Lowes advantage 35k
AAOA 2y4m, oldest 5 years. 0 collections. 125k income, Util 1% inq 1/12. 1/24. 30/60/90 = 0, No derog's, clean file. Rebuilding started 4 years ago.
Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 795
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 8
sourpuss29
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on all of your success and FINALLY being able to kick back and put your feet up.🎉

The last part of your post resonated with me, because I've  always felt that way about my (rebuilding) journey, too.

Being an anomaly is something to be admired, so here's to being "off". Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.