Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The power of one collection

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

The power of one collection

Rcently found out that if I had one of my paid collection removed, I would gain about 35 points. If I can only get kays to remove that darn $80 collection. They have been saying no for the last year.

'By law we cannot remove a collection; we have to report it for 7 years' I'm about to lose it with this false statement.

Don't OC's have the legal discretion to remove a paid collection? I don't know how else I can approach them with a GW.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: The power of one collection

If unpaid, perhaps a PFD.

Has anyone ever sent an OC money, err I mean an inconvenience fee, for removing an item from their credit report? Nobody get it twisted, now. I don't mean something illegal. Simply talking about a gesture of goodwill for all the hard work that goes into researching an account and manually updating an entry to 4 credit bureaus.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
Booner72
Senior Contributor

I tried bribery with AFNI.  I agreed to pay it again, I agreed to pay any surcharges or inconvenience fees - I offered all of this (over the phone) - NO GO.

I ended up getting it deleted anyway, thank god.

How do you know you will get 35 points for the collection?

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 3 of 9
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

I tried bribery with AFNI.  I agreed to pay it again, I agreed to pay any surcharges or inconvenience fees - I offered all of this (over the phone) - NO GO.

I'd guess it fell off for some reason, OP gained 35 points, then it reappeared.

I was going to try offering more money to delete a paid account for my wife as well.  But we're trying to GW it first.  We'll see. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Message 4 of 9
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

@Booner72 wrote:

I was going to try offering more money to delete a paid account for my wife as well.  But we're trying to GW it first.  We'll see. 

That might be less than legal, LOL!

Now offering $50 to "Offset the impact taking the time to fulfill this request must have on the office workload" might be OK. Would it work? Probably not but they'd have a pretty difficult time sending back your check, LOL! 

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Message 5 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

@Booner72 wrote:

The latest version of EQ doesnt' count collection under $100 into FICO calculation. So I was looking into refi of my house and the lender who uses the latest EQ told me my score and it was about 35 points higher than on myfico.com

So the only thing big that I see that could brign my score down was the recent PIF of this collection under $100. This collection is reporting Balance $0 but as you all well know $0 or not a collection will bring your score down the same way for 7 years.

So that's when he told me about the under $100 not counted in the new FICO version

Message 6 of 9
CS800
Super Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

If unpaid, perhaps a PFD.

Has anyone ever sent an OC money, err I mean an inconvenience fee, for removing an item from their credit report? Nobody get it twisted, now. I don't mean something illegal. Simply talking about a gesture of goodwill for all the hard work that goes into researching an account and manually updating an entry to 4 credit bureaus.

I did offer a PFD but Kay wouldn't budge for about 2 months. So I had to pay it anyway so I sucked it up and paid them. Their CA (third party) was pretty surprised that Kay Jewellers didnt want to remove it. One of the manager at the collection agency I spoke to even said 'it's under $100, why is Kay makign a big deal about not deleting it?'

I have tried everything polite with Kay and all the emails I send end up with the same customer service manager and she won't budge.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approximately 78% of company sales of parent company, Sterling Jewlers, are derived from the 12 different store brands operating in the U.S. They include Kay's, Jared's, JB Robinson, Marks & Morgan, Belden Jewelers among others (all of which operate as Sterling divisions). Nearly all of these stores are located in malls where there is also a Kay store and target a similar customer. In many cases there are 3 or more Sterling stores competing under different names within a 300 yard radius of each other.  

I am sending you by PM the CEO's name and address of Sterling Jewelers.  That's the only person I would deal with to resolve this matter.  

Message 8 of 9
Combatrdymp

Could you pm me the CEO of Sterling Jewelers as well
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.