cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is an old cc reporting on my report as charged off, however I think that I paid it. . .

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is an old cc reporting on my report as charged off, however I think that I paid it. . .

but paid it to the CA that bought it from the OC.  It is listing from 04 so would that matter?  I would dispute it as being paid to the CA, but since it has been 4 years I do not even know that I would still have proof.  It was during a very rough time with our adoption and I am sure that after it was turned over the CA we paid it in installments.  The CA called us about it and we were so scared by their call that we paid.  There is no CA listing for this cc just the OC.  What would you do?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: There is an old cc reporting on my report as charged off, however I think that I paid it. . .

You can dispute it as paid...if it comes back as verified...DV the OC...if they verify it...then send them GW's asking for removal...
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: There is an old cc reporting on my report as charged off, however I think that I paid it. . .

Should I dispute with the reporting agencies and then if they verify it dispute with the OC?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute with the CRA...if it comes back verified...then DV the OC...if they verify...try to PFD the OC...
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.