cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thin Credit File - how to intelligently "improve" that?

FireMedic1
Super Contributor

Re: Thin Credit File - how to intelligently "improve" that?

@Horseshoez wrote:

@chijo wrote:

Yes, and I was not wanting to juggle it like that right now. I can see that some enjoy that game. My scores cannot handle it right now. Perhaps in the future. 

I don't enjoy the game even one little bit, however, managing three cards to keep reported balances low (or zero) along with a single SSL is a no-brainer and takes very little juggling; it is also just as beneficial at "fattening" one's file from a score perspective as having lots of cards.  Speaking of the folks with dozens of cards, I agree with you, playing the game from that perspective is waaaay too much work for a couple hundred dollars and a few FICO points of gain.

Long story short, get three good "rewards" cards, even if you need to start them out as secured, keep them at low/no utilization, open an SSL and pay it down under 9%, and then hit the garden and watch your scores and history grow.  Simple as that.

+1

Homeowner since Sept 2020. My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag. Just sharing my experiences after BK from learning here from rebuild to recovery @ 540's.
Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.