Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Think I May Have Certegy

tag
adamseve
Established Contributor

Think I May Have Certegy

Certegy is listing 3 different items on my credit report as if they are the original creditor, but have yet to validate despite my many requests. This is violation # 1:  false representation of the debt under the FDCPA.  The 2nd violation is under the FCRA Section 623(a)(2) where they have the duty as an information furnisher to correct and update information if notified that they are reporting incorrectly. 

They are really trying to mess up my credit by posing as the OC because it gives them the ability to list late pays and even a charge-off.  This is why I'm having a hard time getting them off my credit report because it shows the debt as transferred/sold.  They know that once they sell this account as a CA - which by they way they mailed me a letter and told me that they sold 2 of the alleged debts to another CA - they can no longer be on my credit report.  Not only did they tell me they sold the 2 accounts to another CA, they also sent me another letter that states that they "purchase the checks and intiate collection actions through their subsidiary, Certegy Payment Recovery Services."  Sounds like I've got them where it hurts.  Smiley Wink

Also, since they no longer own these 2 accounts and are still trying to collect on them by reporting them on my credit report, they are again falsely representing these alleged debts.  Furthermore, the fact that they are doing this is defamation of character which they can be sued for damages if taken to court.

Just with the above information, I'm going to send their legal counsel a letter citing the FTC opinion letter to Midland Credit relative to Section 803(6) of the FDCPA that states that although JDBs are indeed still debt collectors because they purchase delinquent accounts from the OC.  This was  also upheld in the courts with Holmes vs. Telecredit Service Corp.  Second, the fact that they're posing as the OC is a blatant effort to defame my character & financial injury which could mean damages for me if I decide to sue.  Again, the courts have ruled on this with Nelson vs. Chase Manhattan.

Do you think this is enough to get these bottom feeders to remove these debts from my files?  Do you think I need to also file a with the BBB in their area, the Consumer Protection Agency for Pinellas County, SC Dept of Consumer Affairs, and the FTC?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Think I May Have Certegy

I've been there and done that.... This is my only blimish on EQ... They sold the debt to Zenith Acquisitions and it has been rough getting them to respond to DV's let alone removed from my cr.
Message 2 of 7
adamseve
Established Contributor

So, what have you done other than the DVs?  Did you write their legal counsel?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I have not sent anything to their legal area.  but please do pass the information to me if you have the address...LOL

Yes, all I have done was DV's and no response thus farSmiley Sad
Message 4 of 7
adamseve
Established Contributor

bump
Message 5 of 7
adamseve
Established Contributor

Re: Think I May Have Certegy - Seasoned Moderators Please Help!

bump
Message 6 of 7
adamseve
Established Contributor

Re: Think I May Have Certegy - Seasoned Moderators Please Help!

bump
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.