Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking about leaving MYFICO and others

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thinking about leaving MYFICO and others

MYFICO, Eqifax, quizzle, creditkarma and all these sights are all over the place with scores, they all have different DOFD and Balances,they all report inquieries quickly but update accounts slllllooowwwllllly. What to do what to do.
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thinking about leaving MYFICO and others

myfico is the only one of those that gives you your true fico scores. The other scores have little to do with what creditors actually use.

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really? Can you prove that? These sites are geared for you to spend money on the product.
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Prove what?? That creditors use FICO scores more than any other score?? There is nothing for me to prove, do your own research about it if you don't want to take my word for it. I'm not advocating for you to continue spending your money on myfico. I just cancelled the service myself. I was just simply advising you that nearly all creditors use FICO scores in credit decisions in order to help you make an informed decision. Do as you will.
Message 4 of 23
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

If you really feel that places like this serves no purpose to you then you are free to leave at your own will. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

For most accurate and detailed reporting information, check the bureaus via AnnualCreditReport.com or directly via a dispute (ie. denied for credit in past 60 days).

None of the services you mentioned display DOFD. Dates accounts were opened, lates appeared, balance changes, etc are not DOFDs. The credit bureaus don't want consumers to see too much.

For example, I'm a paid subscriber to Experian Credit Tracker, which allows a full report daily and updated EX FICO 8 score (it's the real deal; same as here), and yet it does not show soft-pulls, dofds, nor even something as basic as payment history, which is limited to 24 months on that paid product...

And yet an Experian report viewed via AnnualCreditReport.com or via dispute access, displays payment information extended much further out. Bizarre, how bureaus don't even want consumers to see complete payment history, though I suspect that's to make it more difficult for one to manually determine the DOFD and SOL.

No one service provides it all. In theory, MyFICO could, but sadly, even their 3 bureau monitoring service comes up short providing only one full report view per year instead of daily - if it was every day, that would rock! Experian Credit Tracker does allow daily report pulls and daily EX FICO 8 score updates ... combine that with Credit Karma (TU & EQ limited reports) and CreditSesame (monitoring of TU & EQ for HP and some other events with fast alerts) and one has most of it covered.

Message 6 of 23
Pway
Valued Contributor

This is a personal decision and you have to do what is best for you.  We can offer all the adivce we want but at the end of the day the final decision comes from within thy self.  Good luck on what ever you decide to do.  

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 7 of 23
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

If you want all the info on your CRs you will have to request them from the CRAs and receive them thru the mail, you are not going to be shown the whole picture by anyone online. I dont pay for any Fico monitoring I have cards that give them to me every month.

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm planning on getting cards that will put me in that position. 

@gdale6 wrote:

If you want all the info on your CRs you will have to request them from the CRAs and receive them thru the mail, you are not going to be shown the whole picture by anyone online. I dont pay for any Fico monitoring I have cards that give them to me every month.

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

What additional details do mailed versions of free annual credit reports show?

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.