Did you mean: 

Thinking about leaving MYFICO and others

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Thinking about leaving MYFICO and others

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

If you want all the info on your CRs you will have to request them from the CRAs and receive them thru the mail, you are not going to be shown the whole picture by anyone online. I dont pay for any Fico monitoring I have cards that give them to me every month.

What additional details do mailed versions of free annual credit reports show?

All softs, DoFD or scheduled removal date, any additional personal info, full payment history if one is present.

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

The on-line versions show all that too under "Print" view (EX - print to pdf to save) or, alternatively, click "Save as PDF" (TU & EQ).

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cancelled myfico too. It doesn't alert me when things are removed and thats what I really wanted.
Message 13 of 23
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

The on-line versions show all that too under "Print" view (EX - print to pdf to save) or, alternatively, click "Save as PDF" (TU & EQ).

i have never seen one that does in its entirety.

Message 14 of 23
2b2rich
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Really? Can you prove that? These sites are geared for you to spend money on the product.

You were refering to the comment by Spoiledgyrl100 that credit grantors use FICO credit scores and you wanted to know if that could be proved.

I can only tell you that anytime I've applied for credit in person, I've asked what the score was and even though some of them didn't know which kind of score, I knew my scores and they were all FICO (a few were FICO auto, etc) so I think it's safe to say most of them do.

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to apologize to all you faitful followers of myfico. Sometimes people become very comfortable on vertain sites, Yes, I did get some helpful information from this site, I pulled my mortgage scorws yesterday and I was qualified, however myfico and other sites were telling me still low and that I should do this or that.
Message 16 of 23
tufa4311
Established Contributor

I have to admit that I love FICO, but I think I do, not becuase of the "accuracy" of the score, but becuase of what I got and learned from myFICO. I honestly don't know how "good" the FICO scores we get are when put up against what the lenders use - but this is a great forum to debate that. Let's start with a report I found from Consumer Reports:

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine/2013/07/don-t-buy-useless-credit-scores/index.htm

Comments?

Here's and example of how close myFICO score was to my lender pull within about a 20 day window:

Lender Pull (06/10/2014):            EXP: 674/EQ: 658/TU: 652
myFICO Score 08 (05/21/2014): EXP: 680/EQ: 684/TU: 665

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
758 TU FICO 08 (01/12/2016)
753 TU FICO 08 (11/21/2015)
740: EQ Score Power (Beacon 5.0) FICO 04 (01/23/2015)
755 TU FICO 08 (01/21/2015)
652 TU Lender Pull (06/10/2014)
665 TU FICO 08 (05/21/2014)
Goal: 800+
Message 17 of 23
securingourfuture
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
MYFICO, Eqifax, quizzle, creditkarma and all these sights are all over the place with scores, they all have different DOFD and Balances,they all report inquieries quickly but update accounts slllllooowwwllllly. What to do what to do.

It's all good. I have been a member on this site for over 5 years, but I paid for services for a few months back when I started, and again just recently. I kept the monitoring back in 2010 because I was paying off a lot of old debts, and I am monitoring it now because I have loads of baddies that are falling off. After I figure out the best way to handle my better credit, I will probably rely on free scores from my credit card websites. 

Best of luck to you with whatever you decide.

8/22/18: BK7 filed EXP 490 TU 430 EQ 429
11/28/18: BK7 discharged EXP 586 TU 578 EQ 527
06/08/21: EXP 656 TU 643 EQ 701
Message 18 of 23
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Lifes a game and credit is just another game to play.  Learning the rules makes it more fun, not knowing them makes this a hellish experience.  If its not for you, its not for you Smiley Happy  

Good luck!

*edit*
Yeah if you sign up for the Experian online service you get the full report.  I havent bought into TUs or EQ so not sure about them but the EX on their site that you purchase for me was the entire report.  (over 60 pages)

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know, I think there's too much emphasis on scores to begin with. It's nice to see them go up and it's also hard to see so many types of scores (Vantage, Plus, Fico, etc). I do utilize the free sites for scores, knowing these are all FAKO scores, because I feel like it gives me an approximation of where and how I'm doing. 

That being said, I think the monitoring of reports is better. Knowing what's on my report, I know what to tackle. Using the forums of myFico lets me understand how each entry on my report impacts me. 

I think it all depends on what you're using it for. I guess if a lender said they needed your score to be at 650, then there would be benefit to knowing your exact Fico score, all the time. However, I would think looking at the credit report itself would still allow you to figure out what you need to take care of to see improvement. 

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.