Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This board is the shiznit

tag
Smooth954
Regular Contributor

This board is the shiznit

I been reading and following this board and studying and taking advice and would like to say there is some precious gems floating in these waters when it come to credit. I recently pull my Equifax report and score via my Fico's score watch at 1am because I could no longer bare to wonder in ignorance and was shock to see a 629 fico. Wow this is heavy coming from the low 400's to the mid 500's to 629. I disputed inaccuracies and had two accounts aged off, others I paid only for delete. I didn't not get much resistance from and collector that I approach for a pay in full for delete maybe because I was willing to pay in full? Needless to say I'm happy with the outcome. Now I have question and what route to improved.

Current accounts: 3
Cap one secured- $1200 limit
Student loan in default $4578(osfa-ed)
Student loan in default $2859(osfa-ed)

9 inquires which is bringing down my score most likely 2 are from November of 2012 other are throughout 2013

I'm planning to rehab the student loans and get them current. I was thinking of applying for a BA secured with a 1200$ deposit since I heard it can graduate but not sure if another hard pull will only do bad. I have done great on advice here so I call on the board again, What would you guys recommend?
Myfico (7/16/14): EQ:736, EX:678(Prosper 7/16/14), TU:691(5/29/14)
Wallet:

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: This board is the shiznit

Inquiries are over rated as far as impact.  Unless your score is 760+ then it may have a bigger impact.  Creditors may not like seeing them.  1 may be too many for one creditor while another will give you credit with 15.

If you only have one revolving account,  you probably should get another one.

Message 2 of 4
Smooth954
Regular Contributor

Ok so I think I'll pull the trigger on the BofA secured. Most of the inquiries where a few months ago for a auto loan I didn't end up going with because the terms were so bad. But the dealer run my credit are I guess ran it again and again in the span of two days there is like 6 different inquiries from auto division of major banks and americredit etc. I thought those were to be counted as a single hard pull because its like rare shopping are something to that effect.
Myfico (7/16/14): EQ:736, EX:678(Prosper 7/16/14), TU:691(5/29/14)
Wallet:

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Even though all of the inquiries are there, they are only scored as one by FICO. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.