Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is for anyone who used My Jewlers Club

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is for anyone who used My Jewlers Club

Results from anyone who has used My Jewelers Club

This post is for anyone who has already used My Jewelers Club to establish the $5,000 line of credit and has had it report. What kind of improvements have you seen to your credit since then? I just started my account a month ago. Never received a card in the mail and nothing has shown on my credit report of this credit line even existing. How long does it take to show on your report? I'm looking for my credit utilization to go down. Right now its 70%. I'm paying down my other credit cards but I wanted this to help lower my utilization. Can anyone answer this.
Thanks
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Fx6cowboy
Contributor

Re: This is for anyone who used My Jewlers Club

I recieved a physical card. Took 14 days for me to get the item that I ordered and about 45 days to see the postings under Majr Finance.

Started from the bottom now I'm here. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 4
hollowtipnwk
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:
Results from anyone who has used My Jewelers Club

This post is for anyone who has already used My Jewelers Club to establish the $5,000 line of credit and has had it report. What kind of improvements have you seen to your credit since then? I just started my account a month ago. Never received a card in the mail and nothing has shown on my credit report of this credit line even existing. How long does it take to show on your report? I'm looking for my credit utilization to go down. Right now its 70%. I'm paying down my other credit cards but I wanted this to help lower my utilization. Can anyone answer this.
Thanks

I'm sure you've already experienced the results of MJC reporting to the bureaus, as this reply is a year late. However, I'll post my current experience for anyone else stumbling accross this thread. I applied for the card end of March 2020, received my goods within 10 days. They showed up on TU as MAJR Financial on May 3, pushing my score up 21 points and pushing my util down to 40% from 84%. They haven't reported to EQ or EX yet, so I'm still waiting on that. Looking forward to a little bump when they do. If anyone else has any experience with this TL, please post.

Thanks!

Starting Score:473 1/25/2020
TU 582 EQ 540 EX 585 as of 5/4/2020
Current Score:TU 627 EQ 612 EX 595 as of 6/12/2020
Goal Score: 790

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Cap1 QS $750 | NFCU Cash Rewards $4500 | Citi (sec) $200 | Discover It (sec) $300 | BOA (sec) $300 | MJC $5000 | NCD $5000

Gardening goal is >= 6 months (starting June 2020)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an account with them and I've never received a card but in reality, I don't need one. They reported to all the bureaus after about two or three months. It helped boost my scores about 20 points each. Honestly, had I known about this forum prior to getting an account with them, I wouldn't have done it. It's a retail card and therefore while it helps, it doesn't really do anything that responsible credit habits won't. Yes it helps  with utilization but in the grand scheme of things, it's a real waste of money for junk. I opened mine last March (2019) and my scores were in the low 500's and I've built my credit profile up to the 700's in one year. Discipline and determination is the name of this game!

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you and feel free to reach out if you hand anymore questions! 😊

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.