cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is kind of lame but Please HELP.

Highlighted

This is kind of lame but Please HELP.

I found out in March from looking at my CR that I had a collections account. I'd never heard of it and it's through Cingular whom I still have an active (and paid) account. After talking to them it is valid from a transfer of service they just never notified me. Even though I verified with them on the phone, they never sent the bill to my proper address. Rightfully I'm pissed, but I have to pay it. Now it's showing up from a new collector (the old one stopped reporting on my CR in Nov 07). I know the debt is valid and I'm looking to buy a house in the next 5 months so I don't want to waste time by sending a DV. Should I jump straight to a PFD, and can this new company that owns the debt remove the collections marks on my CR from the previous company? i've talked to Cingular and their current solution is for me to talk to the CA on the phone, which I am not comfortable with at this moment. Please help. Also this is not the first time this has happened when I changed location with Cingular. But last time I actually got a call from them and nothing went on my report. I hate Cingular and I want to cancel my accounts with them but you can't beat their service and phones. Bastards.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

Re: This is kind of lame but Please HELP.

Parks77 wrote:
I found out in March from looking at my CR that I had a collections account. I'd never heard of it and it's through Cingular whom I still have an active (and paid) account. After talking to them it is valid from a transfer of service they just never notified me. Even though I verified with them on the phone, they never sent the bill to my proper address. Rightfully I'm pissed, but I have to pay it. Now it's showing up from a new collector (the old one stopped reporting on my CR in Nov 07). I know the debt is valid and I'm looking to buy a house in the next 5 months so I don't want to waste time by sending a DV. Should I jump straight to a PFD, and can this new company that owns the debt remove the collections marks on my CR from the previous company? i've talked to Cingular and their current solution is for me to talk to the CA on the phone, which I am not comfortable with at this moment. Please help. Also this is not the first time this has happened when I changed location with Cingular. But last time I actually got a call from them and nothing went on my report. I hate Cingular and I want to cancel my accounts with them but you can't beat their service and phones. Bastards.

Did Cingular actually sell the account?

No, one CA can not remove an account that another CA reported.

I have skipped DV and went straight for PFD before.

I'd DV the CA that no longer has the account.

However, it seems that sometimes when a CA BUYS an account and can't collect, they'll assign it to another CA to collect on. Without a DV, it is hard to know who owns the account.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 05-15-2008 08:45 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: This is kind of lame but Please HELP.

I thought only the CA that owns the account is permitted to put a collection on your CR. If one CA sold it to another CA then you should dispute the first CA as not the owner of your account and it should be removed. Next. You can FPD with the second CA and knock it out there. Just make sure they are the reporting CA so another won't still be reporting after. Smiley Happy The part that is bad is that even if you pay it could take 60 days for you to finally remove all of it if they agree. Sometimes it changes over night and sometime they make you do a dispute after it updates paid resulting in 30-60 days. They can remove it but often they choose to be lazy.
If we never set higher goals we would never get as far.
sol, credit 101, acr, abbreviations, calc
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.